The Lighting of the Death

JRYoung

First Post
"Maybe Bill, maybe" Rethlin responds to Bills rantings. "Take heart, Will may yet live, we just don't know for sure. For now you need to rest, regain your strength, it has been a difficult ordeal."

ajanders

Explorer
Buntleby gapes for a moment longer, then totters to an oaken tantalus and pours himself a double of something spiritous.
One gulp later it seems to make him feel better.
"Qu-quite right, Bill. I think W-Will would want you to have a drink."
He hands Bill what can only be described as a triple.

"Think? Drink?" Bill reaches out Will's hand to take the drink. Buntleby yelps, sloshing liquor as he tries to keep from getting slapped with the dead flesh.

pathfinderq1

First Post
ajanders said:
"Bill!" squeaks Buntleby.
"Put the hand down?"

Reveka shook her head- she had seen the look on Bill's face before. Back home, she had seen that glazed look on the faces of northern adventurers as they stumbled back out onto Totem Beach- shattered by what they had seen, they let the guardians tear them to pieces. She hoped that Bill wasn't that far gone, but his condition was not helping things. With a growl, she reached out, snagging Bill's hand (or Will's- it didn't matter, really) and none-too-gently steering him to a seat in one of the guest chairs. Then she turned back to Buntleby- with one quick glance at her compatriots, she spoke. "We saw the beasts all right- but the scholars here say they were not the walking dead, but something from another realm. And they can both kill and be killed in return..."

ajanders

Explorer
Buntleby clears his throat modestly.
"Young miss, I hardly doubt your word, but I might suggest you have mistaken cause for effect. My researches have been somewhat extensive."
He indicates his reading desk, which the party can now see is piled with books on the history of Sharn.

(Veyk, Zook, and Rethlin should make a DC 15 Spot check here)

"The work I've found most relevant is actually somewhat obscure."
He holds up a badly foxed volume faintly titled
THE DOOM THAT WILL COME TO SHARN
by
ASH CLARKTON SMITH

"Smith clearly indicates the earliest settlers of Sharn drove off the indigenous goblinoids with unsporting methods. His unequalled translation of the Sharnape tablets clearly reveals the goblin shamans swore to return from the grave and slay all within the city of Sharn.
Most importantly, it describes the oath as 'into the dark you drive us, down where the sun cannot shine. Deep in the dark we will hunt you, and the blood in your veins will be mine."
Buntleby points up at the overhang shading the entire district.

"As you can see, we can scarcely get deeper in the dark."

(Zook and Veyk should make knowledge: arcane checks here)

ajanders

Explorer
Zook, Rethlin, Kaodi
[sblock]
There's a familiar looking book in the stack with a VI in the catalog number.
[/sblock]

Zook
[sblock]
Ash Clarkton is a historian of dubious reputation. OK, he's a nut and a conspiracy theorist. Puts out a new book every two or three years outlining new "historical secrets" he's discovered: Sharn is doomed to be destroyed by goblin ghosts, House Cannith has a secret device to take over all the warforged in the world, giving them an unstoppable army of metal warriors to rule the world, Breland had a secret plan to create undead during the great war...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads