The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Did Hoofchew charge straight south, or did he leap west over the bar? If he went straight south then Kruk gets an OA on Hoofchew as well. Oh, and I think you meant to put "ouch! :devil:" ;)

EDIT: It seems you forgot the -2 penalty on all of Hoofchew's attacks from my mark. :p Doesn't affect most of the results, but I believe it means that his Warrior's Surge misses, which means Vashik is still at 11 hp - eat Defender! :D

EDIT 2: Aw crap, I forgot about his stupid eye of wrath ... so I take it back. I think you did miss the mark penalty, but it doesn't matter. Crap :([/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk screams at G2 as G2 lashes out at him "Is that all you got you foul beast!" In mid sentence the orc attempts to move. "Not so fast!," Kruk screams as he brings his axe down on G2

[sblock=attack]
OA attack on G2: 1D20+7+2(Wis Mod Combat Superiority) = 10
I wont even bother rolling damage
[/sblock]

Kruk screams in frustration when he misses the orc.

Kruk steadies himself and states in a calm voice :"I'm not finished with you yet." With all of his might he swings his mighty axe yet again on G2.

[sblock=attack]
brute strike 1d20+7 vs AC = 27!

If a crit is max damage then I get 3d12+4 = 40

If I don't get max damage then here is my damage roll

damage 3d12+4 = 24
[/sblock]

"Meet your maker!" Kruk screams as his axe breaks through armor and bone with a sickening thud.

ooc: I'd like to spend my action point here. If G2 is not dead Kruk will take another swing at G2. If he is dead, Kruk turns to Larinza and says "You're safe now...gather your strength and then fight when ready!," then leaps over the bar (athletics roll pending) and attacks HC (attack roll pending)

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
As Hoofchew charges at Vashik, Les snakes her chain out and takes advantage of his apparent disregard for his own life.

Les spits in the face of her attacker and her eyes go wide and wild. “You have not yet seen viciousness! Whatever you think Hoofchew will do to you in failure is nothing to what I will do to you before you die! You will scream for mercy!” The gith seems to have lost herself in a blood frenzy yelling and screaming like a barbarian, however, her movements are coordinated and planned out. Her smile reveals only that she will not give in to the battle before her nor allow her allies to see her waver. The thin woman slides down the bar a few feet and concentrates on her defenses. As she moves, she looks to Vashik and curses his name. She focuses on him and calls upon her last reserve of power. “Old man,” she says calmly in a tone much different than she had used on the orc, “You will get up. Now.” She smiles to herself as she sees his eyes flicker open. For some reason that seems to work…

She calls upon ever ounce of strength within her and simultaneously lashes out at the orc guard who had dared attack her. Her chain spirals through the air towards him. As the attack scours the flesh from the orc, Les gives out a call to her companions. “This fight is far from over! Fight back! Murder all of these worthless fleshbags that do not deserve to breath the same air as us! No one defeats me, NO ONE!” Her skillful maneuvering combined with the power of her strike inspires those around her to stand more confidently.
[sblock=Actions]
Standard Second Wind! +6 hp, +2 all defenses until end of next round
Move: Shift down one
Minor: Inspiring Word –Vashik heals his surge (5) +5
AP!!: Bastion of Defense on G2 27!!!!!! 22 damage [27-3 = 24 for the actual hit]
Everyone within 5 squares of Les gains 6 temporary hp
Edit" I'm stupid. Edit: Les gets an additional +3 on the attack due to Action surge (already calculated in)
Les gains an additional 3 health from Larinza’s Inspiring Presence.

Forgotten OA: 15 Pretty sure that misses so not going to roll damage ^^
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Les Ghentel – Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Insight 9 | Passive Perception 9
AC 16 | Fort 15 | Ref 13 | Will 13
HP: 16+6/24 Bloodied: 12| Surges: 7/8 | AP: 0 | Second Wind:X
Effects
Combat Leader: +2 Initiative
+2 Charm Saves
Tactical Presence:

Powers:
Commander’s Strike
Viper’s Strike
Inspiring Word 0/2 [per encounter]
Warlord’s Favor
Telekinetic Leap
Bastion of Defense X
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Yes! And Les turns the tables around ahaha! I love action points. Loads of damage, self heal, healing for Vashik, temp hps for all and then extra healing for Les!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Ah...after reading my post again I noticed that I mistakenly noted G2 as the orc that I attacked instead of G1. G1 was the orc originally attacking me and he was the one that I had the OA attack on before my melee attack. Is this mistake able to be fixed? If not, what happens to my attacks?

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Kruk: max damage is right, so it's 40 damage. However there's one more wrinkle here: a greataxe is a high crit weapon, so it does an extra 1[w] damage on a crit (not maximized). 40 damage won't kill G1, but 40+1d12 might. Go ahead and roll the 1d12, and you might as well make your AP attack as well, just in case. Don't worry, if the guard dies before you get to make that attack, you won't have spent your AP.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Did Hoofchew charge straight south, or did he leap west over the bar? If he went straight south then Kruk gets an OA on Hoofchew as well. Oh, and I think you meant to put "ouch! :devil:" ;)

EDIT: It seems you forgot the -2 penalty on all of Hoofchew's attacks from my mark. :p Doesn't affect most of the results, but I believe it means that his Warrior's Surge misses, which means Vashik is still at 11 hp - eat Defender! :D

EDIT 2: Aw crap, I forgot about his stupid eye of wrath ... so I take it back. I think you did miss the mark penalty, but it doesn't matter. Crap :(

ooc: I did forget the mark penalty, but as you say, it doesn't matter. Hoofchew charged along the top of the bar; preferring Les' OA to Kruk's OA. This is a slightly permissive reading of the charge rules ("... you must
move directly to the nearest square from which you
can attack the enemy."), but a common one, I think. I would certainly allow a player to do it.

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: The power of a great axe crit :D

[sblock=attack ]
damage roll: 40+1d12 = 44

[/sblock]

Kruk shouts at the bloodied orc as he lifts his axe up again "A word of advice orc, never turn your back on an angry dwarf with an axe!"

Kruk brings his axe down on G1

[sblock=attack]
reaping strike attack roll: 1d20+7 = 25

damage: 1d12+4 = 12 or 4 points damage on a miss

ooc: there is an extra IC roll 1d20+7=25. I rolled the wrong damage second attack

[/sblock]

Last edited:

balth

First Post
[sblock=OOC for Covaithe]

I did take a second wind, regaining 5 hp; i'm still listed as 21/22 and should be 16/22, unless someone hit me again and I completely missed it.

[/sblock]

Remove ads