The Long Journey Home

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Ah and here is private Morissette, with severe lack of gunshot wounds to the head no less. So obviously captains friend was mistaken. Any idea why he would tell us that Captain shot you, private? Or maybe it was an honest mistake, I guess it is hard to pay attention to things when you are an evil incorporeal voice.

Ray Ray

First Post
He nodded to private Campbell before his attentions were gained by Mikhail.He paused in thought trying to find a good way to explain it without getting into the complexities of the situation.
"A hostile tried to use me as a human shield ; Fortunately your captain didnt shoot, but the hostile did escape... What was worse is he appeared to know both of us. My guess is whomever you met was the coward that nearly made ghost kill me..."
He clamped his hand over his mouth.
"I mean he wasn't trying to kill me he was trying to shoot the hostile, ey?"

Last edited:

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail cracked a small grin.

I can see how that would be an unpleasant situation to find yourself in but on the bright side if it is the same person we are talking about then you will be able to tell him how you feel about being used as a human shield once we get back to the surface. Did he drop a name while trying to get your skull ventilated? Maybe Carl?

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost returns his attention towards Mikhail and Ray

He never did fully understand me, he must have thought my hatred was enough for me to turn my back on the people I've sworn to serve with. It never sat right with him, how I could show mercy. That word does not exist in his vocabulary. There was no name miha, I only know his codename, as he only knows mine. He could have been this mystery Carl who turned up on the surface, if he is, then I will execute him without hesitation. I've missed one opportunity, I won't miss a second.

He takes a breath and looks around

Assuming I can find my rifle before we leave that is

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Ok that is a start. I don't really care about the story behind it so keep it to yourself if you wish but I need to know who or what he is and what he is capable of, because when we have somebody who wants all of us dead possessing starseeker members I say we have a big :):):):)ing problem.

'Ghost'

First Post
I doubt it's my friend, he wouldn't have been so easy to capture. This Carl will be someone else, whether he's hostile or not is yet to be determined. So I don't know anything about him, or what his abilities are.

He let's out a small sigh,

After all it was a Carl who contacted me and told me to hold my fire, when Ray was taken hostage.

Ray Ray

First Post
As Ghost mentioned his rifle, he frowned.

"Oh yeah... they have Rexxar too. I almost forgot about that part. I'm not about to start a war with an alien race but if they've taken him apart I'll be none too happy...Theres never been a rocket launcher so reliable, ey?"
He glanced at the little alien. "Sorry little friend. I don't know if you understand a word I'm saying, but I might have to shout n' curse for a bit later if my gun's broken." He patted its head.

"Wait... The only reason you didn't shoot me is because somebody else told you not to?"

Last edited:

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Well he sounded rather hostile. He knows your name but not anybody else, he has little information about starseeker or our current doings but is somehow able to hijack the MDA's or mind control the users. Hacker? Maybe a VI? Oh and I never said anything about capturing him. More of an exorcism with explosives.

'Ghost'

First Post
Not exactly, I knew at that range my bullet would have tore through and hit you, so I was hesitant. Shooting a comrade is something I don't do, so I held off. I was looking for an opening to fire but it never appeared. But then this Carl contacted me and said it was useless, and that even if I wanted to I couldn't hurt him. So he was never actually here, I have no idea how he managed to impose his image into this world. Though I'm hoping it means he's nearby, then I can finish what started all those years ago.

Returning to mikhail

If he is a hacker or a VI he's an adept one, he managed to crack through the jamming in this place to radio me. Which means he has my frequency, and knows his way around jammers. For all we know he could be listening in on this conversation right now. I still intend to have a chat with him, and hotel squad, and the commodore. I have real issues with my superiors going behind my back, and if he required 'exorcising' he was a danger and that endangered the mission. How can a force work effectively if the squads are shooting at each other?

Inside

OOC: Huh.. okay reading through this the only reply I can offer is the one to Rey currently as no-one is making any other action other than talking at the moment.

<You can understand our speech? Parts of it, which is a start. Makes this easier.> The alien on the disc nods at Rey <You may call us Urudra, the others like here 'say' you are fighters coming to explore? Is that correct?"> Rey is getting the hang of the language, she is beginning to understand some of the nuances, she might not be able to speak it all that well but understanding is coming quickly. The alien continues <We are here in hiding, you are trapped here just like us now.>

Outside

Nicholas goes into the nearest building with two floors which happens to be the satellite building he was just being held captive in. As he runs up to get a better view he can see the tank is still looking for him. It is moving albeit slowly scanning the area. Nicholas is unsure if it should be moving that slowly normally but the tank might just be cautious. Before turning the barrel seems to point in the direction the treads will turn too. Most tank drivers would not telegraph this, maybe the tank driver inside this one is a bad one? If that's the case at least Nicholas might have some advantage in saving his skin here. The back of the tank is still open, inside Nicholas can see a small mini bar, Nicholas wipes his eyes a bit in disbelief. Yes the mini-bar is still there, why is that there?

Remove ads