• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Ray Ray

First Post
He continued, in vain, to deactivate the whirring and the glowing, till he resigned himself to waiting it out, if it ever did stop. He crossed his arms and stood as if everything were perfectly normal.

"Maybe Rey was messing with it before we left, ey? Bah."

He looked up at the symbols they had to choose from, but seemed more than a little lost.

"I don't suppose theres a sequence of pictures that means 'Raymond has had a technical malfunction and is temporarily unavailable for comment', cap'n? "

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Captain be careful" she said before he rushed off, cloaking him in a shield and throwing a flash bang into the darkness

Give Bauhdric 6 more barrier, then throw a flashbang at the group of bots he is charging

14 to cast shield

14 11 and 16 to hit them (I don't know how many, Spend up to 3 destiny if the 11 needs a boost to hit)

If they are hit they take disadvantage on everything next round

Bunker

OOC: Alexander and Arthur to post, giving till tomorrow afternoon.

Satellite

The creature reaches up and touches Aleksandra's face without impediment. As soon as it does a huge rush of blood goes to Aleksandra's face, her cheeks go a rosy red. Aleksandra's eyes also start to feel heavy, she blinks but once then her vision is filled up with light.

[sblock=Aleksandra]
For a moment you are drifting in space, the alien alongside of you. You hear a single word ring out in your mind. "Help"
[/sblock]

Mikhail sees Aleksandra's eyes go bright blue for but a moment, the creature then relinquishes its grasp on Aleksandra's face. It then gets up calmly and walks back into the other room and starts to inspect the pod slowly. It then bangs its head on the support structure of the pod, it seems to be pensive.

Somewhere?

After the first set of pictures the alien shows you: Claw bots, Surgery, Dead Alien, Meat, Claw bots.
After the second set of pictures the alien shows you: An alien rejecting something.
After the third set of picture the alien shows you: He shows you a picture of an alien accepting a gift.

OOC: Roll needed is insight

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: Lacking the skill so onwards we go

Turning to Ray...

Might be a little to complex considering our level of communication here. Maybe miss Mourisette did tinker with your suit, but it seems odd that mine would flare up at exactly the same time, unless she did the same to both our suits. Seems a little unlikely to be honest, but you know your sister far better then I do.

He returns his attention to the alien, unable to pick anything up from his demeanour. Judging body language to approximate which way an enemy was moving is easy, seems he still can't read that which lies behind the masks of men. Or aliens in this case. He takes the clawbot image, follows it by fighting, following that with a claw pointing towards himself, and following that with a sign of agreement. He also takes the opportunity to use the claw picture, and he point's it towards the imprisoned alien, motioning with his hand as well, then follows that by confusion.

Alexander continues to unleash the onslaught onto the robots, growling as he delivers punch after deadly punch, even as he feels his body start to wear out after the punishment it has received. Still, he was acutely aware that he needed to continue fighting; his power-shield rapidly becoming the only thing keeping his structural integrity intact!

OOC: Next robot!

Attack roll: 11
Damage roll: 20
Hopen gar: 15 to hit
Barrier: 21

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur regarded his captains speech quizzically failing to understand what it was he meant. When he snapped back to his senses he realized he had already loosed another grenade, clearly his combat reflexes were getting better. In this moment of clarity he became aware of the dizzying amount of power surging through their MDA's. There had to be some way to put it to good use...

OOC: Ok i'm going to make some assumptions here: I'm pretty sure this the last turn we have to use the team finisher.
So is it possible to use the team finisher on the four on the other side of the rubble, most likely clearing the corridor in the process?

If possible I'll do that

Otherwise I guess I'll trigger it on the lone bot near Alexander trying to avoid catching him in the blast. So we at least get the buffs.

I'll add Arthur's reaction after the events.

Arthur regarded his captains speech quizzically failing to understand what it was he meant. When he snapped back to his senses he realized he had already loosed another grenade, clearly his combat reflexes were getting better. In this moment of clarity he became aware of the dizzying amount of power surging through their MDA's. There had to be some way to put it to good use...

OOC: Ok i'm going to make some assumptions here: I'm pretty sure this the last turn we have to use the team finisher.
So is it possible to use the team finisher on the four on the other side of the rubble, most likely clearing the corridor in the process?

If possible I'll do that

Otherwise I guess I'll trigger it on the lone bot near Alexander trying to avoid catching him in the blast. So we at least get the buffs.

I'll add Arthur's reaction after the events.

OOC: Seems good to me! Forgot it was the last round.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
OOC: I'm back! For now at least, I should be able to resume fairly regular posting

J.D sits quietly, analyzing all of the recordings his suit has been making over the course of the encounter. He tries to figure out exactly what happened but can come to no solid conclusions, it is just beyond his knowledge of experience. There is only one final resort left. he needed to ask someone who knew a bit more about paksis. no matter how much it galls, he simply cannot work it out himself. Now comes the task of finding someone who can explain it too him, and who won't tell anyone else that he asked, he could not bear the shame if it came out that he needed help!

With that in his mental to-do list, and checking aleksandra was fine after her brush with the alien mind, he approaches the alien, which for now appeared to have finished exploding. If there was alien knowledge to learn, he was NOT going to let someone else hog it all. Dropping the shield around his head and face, he bows low to the creature, and starts to examine its features and work out why it loves the pod so much.

OOC: I'm going to say perception on the alien: 1 DOS
and just to be on the safe side, intuition on the pod, to realize what it is : 4 DOS

Also, would be happy to get some blue eyed goodness, if its being handed out

Bunker

Alexander starts to pound on the remaining robot in the corridor, the remaining robots final bust through the wall on the North side. They are greeted however by Arthur who is prepping the biggest bomb the have ever seen.

OOC: Basically Arthur since you started the Finishing attack you get to narrate how you blow up the remaining bots. Then there is one left which means you basically win.

The bunker is then cleared up and there are no more moving signals on the radar, it is free to explore at Echo's leisure. The group contemplates what to do next.

OOC: Removing fog of war so choose a room to explore.

Satellite

Mikhail inspects the pod as best he can and finds out it is a life support system. It was broken due to the obviously smashed glass, or at least it was shut down that way. Mikhail thinks that he can boot up the pod again though there will be little to sustain without something in the pod.

J.D. analyses the pod and comes to the conclusion it looks similar to a statis pod that usually keeps something in suspended animation, without much background on the mechanics though he is only taking an educated guess. The alien has its head plastered just below a small bit of writing, though what the writing says is anyone's guess.

Somewhere?

The alien shows the following pictures after you point to the alien outside: alien, fighting, alien, prison.
The alien then shows: Planet, Claw at you, Confusion.

Remove ads