• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Not exactly. If anyone bothered listening to the lintel you would recall that toasters collected individuals rather then materials. Witch would mean that whoever was in this pod was most likely taken on purpose rather as a byproduct of the looting. Based on the damage to the pod I would say that its former occupant is still alive, if toasters wanted to kill the damage would be more focused.

Besides considering that they are, as we have seen, related to paksis same as the hunters I don't think it is much of the jump to think that paksis is the reason they are targeted. Could have been the reason we were targeted. With all this in mind I think we have a rescue mission waiting for us.

Mikhail crouched down in front of the alien. He pointed at himself then at the pod then made a gesture as if he was giving something to the alien.

This building is clear. We need to finish searching the other two before we do anything else.

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: I'm assuming that where the alien pointed, the edge, there's at least a couple of guards standing there. Suggesting that's the only way out.

Turning and looking at Ray,

That's a relief, at least the trigger fingers have eased off a little. I don't know what you did, but whatever it was it worked. It also seems as though our captors are happy to have us wander this area but we're not allowed to leave. So we've traded our small cage for a larger one but it's still a cage nevertheless. At least we have a little freedom, maybe we can find out where our gear has been taken, assuming it's still in one piece. Until we know where our weaponry is we won't be able to make an effective escape, we'll just end up captured again, or worse.

He stops for a moment considering what he should do next. Whilst he's doing such he takes the pictures of the aliens and puts them next to a planet picture, he then follows that with the radio, and follows that with the aliens again, but puts a different planet picture after it.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
having done all he could in this room, J.D idly finds a comfy spot and starts twirling his floating disc, scavenged earlier, and forgotten till now.

while busily fiddling with in built screens and tablets and playing with odd floaty things, he casually addresses his acting commanding officer.

'Well then Aleksandra, where to now? It seems we have finished in this building, unless you can think of more we should be doing, I vote we go and find some of our other party let us recount what we know and pool our recently gained knowledge of the area.'
OOC: [MENTION=85688]uni[/MENTION]versal narration
See facebook

Satellite

OOC: I don't actually have anything to reply to here, people are discussing what to do next. So when you decide on something I'll update this.

Somewhere?

The alien just adds onto the end of the cards a picture of an alert.

OOC: Again will advance something when you guys decide what to do next.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
[MENTION=85688]uni[/MENTION]versal narration
I'm going to see if the button would cause something immediately bad to occur that would lead to our demise by looking at its wiring what its connected to etc if possible
with that in mind random skill checks ahoy
intuition: 7-7=flat pass, traps: 7-5=2 DOS, Larceny: 8-8= flat pass
investigation:9-7= 2 DOS, engineering: 10-7= 3 DOS, Science: 7-6= 1 DOS
Kaboom will then stay in the room and hide whilst Arthur leaves.
Kaboom Stealth:7-7= flat pass

Arthur moved on through the bunker trying to find anything that might be of use to them. He headed to the last large room keeping his guard up as he still wasn't convinced this place was safe.

OOC: Move to the large room towards the bottom of the map and look around
Investigation:7-7= flat pass
perception: 10-8= 2 DOS
traps:6-5= 1 DOS

Alexander follows Arthur in looking around, but observation was never his strong-point. While looking around, he was more concerned with protecting his squad!

OOC: Rolled an 8 in perception...Not lookin' promising!

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
I will go outside, we can do more detailed search once we clear the rest of the facility. Catch up once you are done with your making out.

Saying that Mikhail walked towards the exit.

"I, did pay attention to the intel. I said resources, last I checked population is a resource. And some kind of rescue is what I was trying to infer."

Aleksandra thought for a moment.

"Without better communication with this and potentially other locals I'm not sure that we can attempt any kind of rescue. Further more, we can't at this time really let these aliens know our intentions, though we can try. I also do not believe it is as simple as that. I think that this tank is a life support module and that the individual inside required it to live. It would also appear that this pod was not broken by toasters."

She attempted for a moment to hail Captain ghost on her communicator. With no response she decided on a course of action.

"For now our primary is secured, this building is clear. We cannot strip it for parts without diplomatic incident therefore we should reconvene with our captain and the other squad with the info we've found. I'd like to try and strike a rapport with this being before we leave to try and get it on side but it'll take time for proper communication. Let's got find old spooky."

As she finished talking she turned back to the Alien and attempted contact once more.

OOC: Trying paksis again and I'm going to try to send the idea that we're going to help and ask who it is and where the abducted one went, if at all possible. that's 6 degrees of success. Also will gesture to my self with the identity question and say "Ah-Lecks" and then gesture to it as I ask with paksisi who it is.

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: If the 'conversation' with the alien has reached a close

Ghost points the claw at himself and follows that with a picture of gratitude. He then stands up and moves away from the table, as he circumvents the area he'll be taking note of roughly how many aliens there are. How many exits there are to this room, as well as searching for their weapons or maybe something to indicate where their weapons might have gone, such as a workshop/armoury. As well as creating a mental map of his current surroundings.

OOC: Perception: 5-5 = Flat pass
Investigation: 8-7 = 1 DoS
Mapping: 10-6 = 4 DoS

Ray Ray

First Post
"Yeah...I...Spose those buttons do something after all, ey?" He bowed slightly as Ghost showed them the gratitude picture. "Still,we should get that checked out whenever we manage to get back to the ship. Wouldn't do if that -was- a malfunction. Lets go meet the locals, ey?" He grinned, having no intention of going looking for thier weapons. If they -had- dismantled his precious rocket launcher, he didn't want to know right now.

Remove ads