• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Satellite

As Mikhail walks down past the control room he hears the sound of someone walking towards you cautiously.

[sblock=Mikhail] A human wearing a standard Chi MDA is walking towards you, and says to you. "Ohh, you must be one of Ghost's friends? Hey calm down don't shoot we're all in a lot of trouble here. Ghost managed to almost get himself killed and he shot a squadmate, that fella in a big suit? Yea he got gunned down. I don't know what got into him, the name is Carl by the way. I'll show you where they went missing, come on." The man says in a hurried voice. [/sblock]

The alien seems to enter a peaceful calm when you communicate with it. The Alien replies in it's tongue to you "Hykravqec" it says while holding its claw to its forehead.

Bunker

[sblock=Arthur] As far as you can tell with your investigation of the switch it will not activate anything directly in this room. It is connected to something further down or at least that's what the cables would have you believe. You suspect it is not dangerous but is an emergency switch of some kind. Alarm maybe?

(OOC: Just confirming which big room do you mean? I'll mark the control room with an X and a O with the life support controls.)[/sblock]

Alexander looks around about before seeing Czsorkac, the alien, walking downstairs trying to find the group. It is having a hard time walking but once it sees Alexander it tries to motion to him to come closer.

Somewhere?

The area is similar to how a shanty town would be laid out, most of the important buildings or structures are near the very centre of the settlement. There is more a bulk of houses or temporary shelters rather the closer you get to the middle with the concentration thinning out towards the edges. By your count there is a rough estimate of 100-150, there might be slightly more as some might be tucked away in their shelters at the moment. Only a few of them look like they've seen combat before many look scared and oblivious to what you are or your intentions. There is a workshop however looking around it you can not find your weapons in there, the worker there is similar to the alien you had been talking to before. Smaller than the ones on six legs and floating on a small disc.

Major points you can see are the prison where they kept you, the central structure which you can guess is a defensible position, the workshop, a makeshift kitchen, a graveyard, a medic's hut and a memorial.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
[sblock=UN]
Carl? You must be from Uniform. Heard we were getting some support. So what the hell happened to ghost? Mikhail replied smiling at the man.
[/sblock]

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost wanders over to the memorial, knowing he won't be able to read it but maybe decipher the images (if there are any). Whilst he collects his thoughts.

OOC: Going the investigate the memorial, whilst brooding XD. Investigation 7-7 = Flat pass, if it's neccesary

Alexander nods to the Alien, before striding closer, the joints in his suit hissing as it protested against him after the rather punishing fight!

"Friend, can we help?" He speaks plainly and boldly, hoping that his force of personality will carry through more than his actual knowledge of the alien language.

[sblock=mikhail]
"Yes I'm from up top, ghost got captured by a bunch of aliens after he shot Raymond. I don't know how the boy is they dragged him off too, I doubt much blood is left of his head though after a point blank sniper shot like that." Carl Shrugs at Mikhail. [/sblock]

Somewhere?

The images are all other aliens, many of them on a planet unlike this one. You can see their positions and poses are very unlike what you'd expect but then again they are aliens so their idea of posing for a camera shot must be very different to that on Earth.

The small alien returns and is tugging on Raymond's arm.

Bunker

The alien continues to bid Alexander and the group to come with him, he does say something to Alexander but the language is strange enough on its own. Hard to decipher what he is saying.

'Ghost'

First Post
After looking at the memorial Ghost returns to the alien they were having the 'conversation' with. He motioned towards the memorial then picked up the cards again. He takes a picture of the aliens, follow that with a picture of a house and places a picture of a planet slightly overlapping the house, then points the claw at the memorial.

OOC: Just for clarification cos that's a strange sentence I just wrote, ghost is taking the picture of the planet. Then placing the card itself slightly overlapping the house card.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
[sblock=UN]
Crap. Mikhail let out a sigh That is ghost for you. Well lets go. Oh and you might want to hold on to this.
With this said Mikhail trowed Carl a small box, as soon it was centimeters away from Carl Mikhail clenched his fist, the box erupting a with a bright flash in response filing the air with small discharges of electricity. Without waiting for the results Mikhail let go of the small remote in his hand and readied his rifle shifting a step away from Carl.
[/sblock]

Arthur Campbell

First Post
[sblock=UN] I'll have kaboom push the button then stealthily rejoin me when it can[/sblock]

As Arthur started searching the last room of interest he heard his captains unmistakable booming voice oddly louder than normal.

OOC: The room next to the room marked with an "O"

He finished the inspection then primed his weapon and headed over to the captain. Seeing their mutual alien friend he relaxed slightly. Ah. our friend has come to join us. What is it after? Watching its movements he became considerably more serious. Should we trust it captain?

Last edited:

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
[sblock=Universal Narration]
I will be spending my time wandering around salvaging all the CPU's I can, and putting them in an obvious spot so they can be found by other robots. Depending on Rin's answer, I will either be wiping his memory and adding him to the pile, or keeping him with me.
[/sblock]

The captain nodded to Arthur, and started to follow the creature, a little bit disappointed that his tourist logic failed him. "I believe we should trust it. It appears to be fighting these evil automatons, and at this point an enemy of my enemy is a friend."

Remove ads