• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
[sblock=UN]
I will finish arranging the CPU's and saying goodbye to my little alien friend, then turn myself invisible and go stealth/investigate after that mysterious (although probably Mikhail) explosion.
I assume the explosion was heard by Alexsandra as well, not just me?
[/sblock]

'Well I'm done here Aleksandra, I'm gonna go check on the "hostage". I wonder what he's found this time...'

I wander off, invisible, and trying to be quiet, while at the same time remaining perceptive!

OOC:
perception - flat pass
stealth - negative something hideous, lets assume I am telling no-one in particular how great I am, loudly.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur arched his eyebrow, assuming space madness might have finally got to one of them.

Well. private Mikhail Zhukov of Sierra Squad, no we haven't seen private morissette or captain Ghost, I guess we were hoping you could help us, also what was all that commotion about?

Ray Ray

First Post
He glanced down at the little alien, frowning slightly. It reminded him of something, or someone, though he wasn't sure who or what and though reluctant, he nodded to Ghost.

"Good idea... I'll go find the little fellas parents. Hold the lines till I get back, ey?"

He ran towards the alien abodes, basically knocking door to door like a salesman, until he hopefully finds someone who would look after it. He did however realise he still had a language barrier so his sales pitch consisted of him standing at the door, pointing at the little alien, then pointing inside.

OOC: perception check is 2 degrees of failure, and I think I'm running low on fate points so I'm sticking with that

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Well we have toasters, injured locals, star seeker doppelgangers and invisible voices. So take your pick.

He moved towards snowdrop in half circle trying to keep both it and Echo in his sight with his rifle still up.

Also while we are on the topic my drone is gone and Ghost might have shot the other twin and then both of them got captured. But don't quote me on that one.

He approached snowdrop and carefully looked inside.

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey smiled as she responded "Mikhail Zhukov the Anvil that keeps Sierra safe with his Mighty Vehicle" she added before tensing "What did he do!? How do you know this, are you sure they are safe, what is his condition... Ghostie is going to be useless in these close quarters and Raymond needs someone to cover his fire base"

She looked genuinely concerned, a flicker of mania as she considered every tactical possibility and every angle.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
There was that guy from star seeker, Carl. He said your brother was alive but loosing blood fast. Then I threw a grenade at him. He might have been lying.

OOC: 2 Dos perception 4 DOS investigation

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Do you know it was Carl, was the transmission secure did he use the correct protocol? she asked,panicking slightly less now... variables were falling in to place to doubt her brother's predicament.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
He said he was Carl , couldn't really check that since I have no idea who the hell is Carl to begin with. The transmission was most secure as he was standing in front of me, I still can't throw grenades over coms. And he did use all the correct protocols we have, all none of them.

Somewhere?

Raymond doesn't see much wrong with the alien in front of him. However Ghost can see a very peculiar Aura emanating from it, the creature than grasps the bar and start to bend them. You were in those cages, you are pretty sure you could never have bent those even if you wanted to.

Ghost looks everywhere and can't find anyone who is handing out guns. Many of the workshops that had guns are now empty, Ghost is starting to believe that they don't even have enough to arm themselves let along arm two strangers.

Raymond manages to deposit the small alien with someone, he isn't sure if the aliens he gave the small one to is their parents. At least they seem to be taking care of it however.

Outside

Looking around in Snowflake Mikhail sees the only thing that is missing is the power conduits to make her run, nothing else is taken from the Vehicle. Mikhail also knows they are replaceable as they are in standard repair kits. Likely isn't going to be an issue but why was the power conduits taken?

[sblock=Mikhail]
"Not that I know of, you were the only ones deployed. Why is there someone down with you?"
[/sblock]

Hostage

The hostage is someone in a Sigma suit, inspecting him you realize he is male despite his visor being tinted for some reason masking his face. The man also has one side arm a pistol and standard jet boot upgrades on his legs. So presumably he is a scout for Starseeker, without opening his suit you can't tell his rank and name but you heard yelling about Carl. Maybe that is his name?

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Oh leave the tank behind, it will be fine, we have a rearguard, they will look after it and not :):):):) off to god knows where while some dickwillard ransacks snowdrop. Oh no. No way, they are professionals.

Mikhail stopped examining snowdrop and turned back to Echo. His faith in everything good and just in this world shattered to pieces.

So we have two people MIA. If they got themselves captured it would be either locals, then maybe one of our new best friends might help, or toasters in which case we might learn something from their remains. Unless you chaps found something else in there.

[sblock=UN]
Yeah, Carl. Wears sigma suit. Currently out cold after I threw a grenade at him.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Siera]
Just got conformation from our eye in the sky we have zero friendlies in our AO so keep an eye on this "Carl". And now that I think about it taking his weapons might be a good idea.
[/sblock]

Remove ads