• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

"Okay, well then! Sitting here Idle is getting us nowhere! Lets have a look inside that boarded up building. I'm sure there must be something interesting contained therin. Even if we do not find our squadmembers, it is likely to grant us beneficial information!"

He looks at the alien slumping over, and genuinely doesn't know what to make of it besides feel saddened by his injuries!

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
If you wouldn't mind letting us deal with the boarded up building. The other options looks a lot like a prison. Some unpleasant memories right there. Just need to wait till my squad mates finish establishing first contact and or torturing Carl.

Over coms to Sierra.

Our captain and his guard duty buddy pulled a disappearing act so get your asses in gear we have some searching to do. Also bring our new best friend outside too if he doesn't mind seems like Echo found him some company.

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey made herself busy as she moved over to the alien, trying to keep it talking not only to keep it concious but try and discern more of the alien's language, she had a base to go on trying to get it to talk about it's wounds and the medicine it needed, should at least give her a starting point.

Got an 8 Vs a 9 for linguistics, willing to spend up to 4 destiny on it

Arthur Campbell

First Post
I suppose it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they would be inside the prison building. I am ready to move when you are captain.
He watched his squadmates deal with their alien friend patiently waiting for them to finish before they could move on.

OOC: I'll happily go along with exploring wherever but as always I will follow my Bauhdrics decision
rolls for checking the building we eventually explore, pinging ultrasound regularly as always.
Perception:9-8= 1 DOS
Investigation:7-7= flat pass
Traps:6-5= 1 DOS

"I suppose I should do a proper introduction, oui? My name is not 'Carl' or anything like that." Blanchot practically spat out the name, mentally cursing whoever put him in his mess for coming up with a terrible name like that. "Nicholas Blanchot, Squad Hotel."

"Monsieur Tsuba has established that I am 'uman and of my own mind and I am as they say 'one of ze good guys.' If you require someone to slice something terriblé into ribbons, I shall." He adjusts both the swords hanging from his suit of armor as if to drive home that point.

This was as much of a declaration that he didn't want to be stuck and waiting to be retrieved and that he'd rather do something useful like help out.

"But ah, I have not been briefed on planetside goings on so please, inform a humble ignorant man like myself can be of assistance. In fact, what squad is this?"

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
Tsuba arrives outside with the newest teammate to find the rest of his squad and (all?) the members of Echo standing talking, and deciding on a plan of action.
'Ladies and Gentlemen I give you our newest guest, Mr Nicholas Blanchot. I have fully ascertained her credentials, and he is here to help us out.'

Turning to Blanchot, and bowing deeply again.
'Apologies Mr Blanchot, it was remiss of me to demand information from you, but not to return the favour. We are Echo and Sierra squad, we found the outpost mostly abandoned at first, but have since run into a number of enemies. We have eliminated any threats in our primary search, however we have lost two of our members inside the compound, and one building remains unexplored. If you would join us, we need to find and retrieve our missing members, or at least their bodies and examine the contents of the remaining building. Once we have done that, we can determine what materials we can take with us back to starseeker.'

with all that said, Tsuba turns to the squad-members he has known a while now and follows them towards the final unbeknownst building.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Well Captain since Echo is already rather french speaker heavy it would only make sense if you were to have Ca...Nicholas accompany you until we get back to his squad. So have fun!

With that said Mikhail headed to the abandoned building. There was a high chance that Nicholas/Carl was going to return to being possessed and Mikhail was not planing on being in his vicinity when that happens.

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey piped up at the mention of french speakers, slipping into french <Pleasure to meat you Monsieur Blanchot I hope we can work well together in Echo, I apologize for Mr Zhukov but Me and my brother are the only members of our squad who speak it fluently, how are you enjoying your stay planet side you mentioned cutting people to ribbons, I am sure we can make glorious carnage together.>

Last edited:

Captain Bauhdric bows his head to the newcomer, a warm smile emerging under his helmet. Ah...This one looked like she shared the noble tradition of melee combat!

"Hello! I am the captain of Echo squad. Alexander Bauhdric is the name, a worthy and mighty name passed down the Bauhdric line for generations!"

He thrusts his hand in Blanchot's direction so they might shake hands on this meeting, his power-fisted gauntlet a rather huge sight to see, even considering his massive frame!

Remove ads