• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lost Son ( IC Adventure Thread)

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Surprise Round

OOG: Brotaz doesn't see anything because he is on the wrong side of the tree. If the tree is in the center then Brotaz is 10' north of the tree, Grubnar and Tor are 40' west of it, and Fethwynyth who was walking around the tree then moved 20' south to the brush and probed it with is staff.

The group has spent some time here at the apple tree Tor has been combing the ground alittle further away from the tree because near it the tracks were all mixed together. She points to the ground showing Grubnar what it is she's looking for. Grubnar then goes about looking and calling Tor over because he sees something the halfling gets down on her knees to see the tracks closer the dark shadows of dusk not helping. "Well you have found something Grubnar but these aren't the boys tracks they'r esmall but, hmm.. Wait these tracks look like there following the boy. Yes here and here." She starts to follow the trail of to the west.

OOG: Tor got a 27 total for the survival check don't forget to add your skill modifiers.

Just as Grubnar bends down to help again two javilens arch out of the brush and land near the surprised half-orc. Rolls = Both missed These stone tipped crudely made weapons look sized for a child.

As Fethwynyth turns his head to watch the arching projectiles something from the bushes grabs on to the end of his staff. He turns and sees a small blue scaled hand pulling on the staff. Touch attck to start grapple = Gotcha 15

Surprise round over
time till sundown 1hr 5min

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Round 1

OOG: Sorry i don't have a map (wik has this really cool on in another game i'm playing) i know it can be done i'll try and learn how best guesses right now.

INITIATIVE ORDER: monsters initiatives = here

1.)Tor 21
2.)Blue scaled hand 17
3.)Grubnar 15a (higher mod.)
4.)Brotaz 15b
5.)thrower 1 14
6.)Fethwynyth 7 (gets easier to spell the more i spell it)
7.)thrower 2 4

OOG: Tor as npc will take cover in the brush and ready action: Throw her spear if anything monsterous comes into view.

The blue scaled hand on Fethwynyth's staff is joined by the other and the creature pulls hard trying to get the staff out of his hands. Roll a Strength check Fethwynyth DC = 5

everyone else take your turns good luck :)

jcb2772

First Post
Round 1

Brotaz hurries towards the Half-orc and halfling but on the way he notices Fethwynyth off by himself. " Fethwynyth! come over here by the tree don' t get caught out in the open alone." He moves towards the elf to help protect him from javelins.

OOC: I'll take a double move to get as close to Fethwynyth as possible moving around the apple tree.

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth, Elf Mage

Fethwynyth's strength check, DC 5 to retain possession of his staff:

5 success exactly! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1604468/

Since Fethwynyth is in a grapple now, he will attack the blue creature with his dagger (his only light weapon)

To hit: 9 a clear miss. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1604475/

OOC: I first rolled a sword attack, and then I read about grapple and saw that I couldn't do that, so I used the dagger instead.

Last edited:

jcb2772

First Post
You owe me big bro

ooc: whoa page three you owe me for getting you back to one big brother :cool:

ooc2: Do I have to wait for Grubnar to go I could post me round 2 actions and I don't think him going will affect what I do. But I do need to know what Brotaz saw as he approached Fethwynyth guess I'll have to wait anyway waiting on you big bro

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Round 1.1

will take and describe all the action and what people see in this post after everyone has gone will give hp up dates and status (i.e. held, prone etc.) so you have to wait to post
doing it this way because it's what wik does in his and you only need read one post to know what happened that round i like it :)

Arabesu

OOC: Apologies, I am on an island (San Juan) I thought I would have internet access but that fell through. Am posting from borrowed computer. Pass me over, I understand if I don't get any xp... Sorry, will be back tomorrow night.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
OOG: it's o.k. Arabesu i am 99.99999999% sure of what you would have done round onewe may be alittle ahead but no worries. And i don't know what rule you mean about xp if arabesu participates then he gets a full share of xp

Round 1:

Tor ducks into the cover providied by the brush. Her spear resting near her shoulder her other arm partly raised she is rdy to throw.

The blue scaled hands pull again a short quick tug but Fethwynyth keeps a firm grip of his staff.

Grubnar bring his Glaive up as if to defend against an attack he nods his head putting his large chin on his chest. His eyes are closed and he seems to be mumbly to himself.Gain Psionic focus = 13

Brotaz moves up to stand behind Fethwnyth, the elf seemed to not hear his warning. As brotaz gets within 5 ft. fethwynyth pulls out his dagger and starts madly at the brush.

Everyone notices tha russel of the bushes near where the javelins had come from.

OOG: round 1 over (and hows the weather in San Juan?

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Round 2

Tor as NPC: takes and drops her spear(free action) and draws out her shortbow and an arrow she yells at Grubnar to wake up!

The blue scaled hands draw back from the thrashing dagger and the brush rustles as it moves away and towards the area where the other bushes are being rustled.

Grubnar try #2: Failed 18 getting focused isn't easy

Last edited:

Remove ads