• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mésalliance. Part 1. (Updated 4/18.)

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Just noticed this, but...

Isn't More Than You Can Chew: Part I normally followed by a Part II? Or is the most recent update a prolepsis itself?

I am curious how Mostin got that little glimpse of what was happening to Mulissu, especially as he didn't have the web of motes. It sounds like Foresight, but I can't see how or why Mostin would have cast it in the previous few hours. A new epic spell?

I liked Mulissu's quickened, componentless Time Stop. Another useful epic spell, no doubt.

Pyske

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
I am curious how Mostin got that little glimpse of what was happening to Mulissu, especially as he didn't have the web of motes.

I believe Sep is granting retroactive information from the web of motes, based on the idea that Mostin's current "diminished" intellect can't remember everything he learned from the web at once. Seems to me to be a wise choice compared to telling the player everything that his PC with god-like intelligence learned up front.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

grodog

Hero
Cheiromancer said:
Just noticed this, but...

Isn't More Than You Can Chew: Part I normally followed by a Part II? Or is the most recent update a prolepsis itself?

You lost me on this one Cheriomancer: did Sep change the thread title, or did I missing a complete update somewhere along the way?

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
We just had a two-post update entitled Dream and Demon. The update immediately preceding it (back on March 08) was entitled More Than You Can Chew: Part I. It ended with Nwm's shapechange being dispelled, and Nwm and Eadric plummeting to the ground.

[edit]Whoops! I'm a moron- there's an update that never made it into my compiliation. Sorry for the confusion. :eek: [/edit]

Last edited:

Jackylhunter

First Post
Wonderful as usual Sep!! This is sort of throwing a monkey in the works - First Nwm leaves the group for a few months, and now Mulissu 'never' wants to see Mostin again. He's losing allies to help him cast Grazzt left and right. Can't wait to see what happends next.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Jumbie said:
I got a chill when I read this.

Me too. I had thought Nwm was out of the woods (so to speak) when the whole kerfuffle with the sword died down. Now, it seems, he is forced back into the spotlight again.

Mytholder

Please shoot me.

I now have Mostin singing to Shomei in my head, to the 'tune' of Kelis' Milkshake song.

"My infinity's bigger than yours,
Damn right, it's bigger than yours..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads