The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah yes--of course we do, Talia, my friend!...Well, I know I do, at least, but I have every confidence in my compatriots. They're truly a very straight-and-narrow bunch."

GwydapLlew

First Post
[sblock=To Alysina Verani]Knowledge (local) results:
- The Department of Thaumaturgical History focuses on deciphering magical effects and then passing those results on to other departments.
- Morgrave University itself has a questionable reputation as a place that puts profits above academics.
- The Commons is a plaza atop one of the five spires surrounding Morgrave. Students often spend time there, relaxing after class and gossipping with one another.
- Scandals regularly surface about the faculty of Morgrave University selling artifacts on the black market instead of displaying them in the museum.
- Altamaic the Younger is a Cyrran expatriot with an explosive temper. Many of his students live in fear of his public tongue-lashings in class. His specialty is the goblinoid empires of ancient Breland.

As for the young lady, her family does not hail from the Sharn region. A Knowledge (nobility and royalty) check would be necessary.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Blast! The Beguiler class's one and only weakness--and a very surprising one--is the lack of that skill. I'd think since may Beguilers would play their wiles at court that they should definitely have it on the class skill list (and if they did, I would take it, alas :()

Can Alysina have the names of any books, papers or treatises by Altamaic on those ancient goblinoid empires?[/SBLOCK]

GwydapLlew

First Post
[SBLOCK=To Alysina Verani]Hrm. He's a scholar in a very niche specialty. His most famous book was "A Sad Foundation: What Lies Beneath The Cogs."[/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
A man previously seen in the tavern appears at the top of the Menthis Plateau. He's tall and slim, not very beautiful, and carries an slightly oversized and wicked polearm. He smiles, showing an irregular set of yellow teeth. "You were hiring people, I think. I'm Tam Aritz, I have my warrior talents for selling - and some more"

GwydapLlew

First Post
Someone said:
A man previously seen in the tavern appears at the top of the Menthis Plateau. He's tall and slim, not very beautiful, and carries an slightly oversized and wicked polearm. He smiles, showing an irregular set of yellow teeth. "You were hiring people, I think. I'm Tam Aritz, I have my warrior talents for selling - and some more"

"Tam Artiz. If you will please sit and await the Procto's arrival, he should be arriving shortly." She notes his name in precise script in her ledger and places another asterisk beside it. Anyone who cares to note it will see that your four names are the latest of a score that have been listed in the last day.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...he isn't one of my sidekicks from the tavern, but more muscle could be helpful if we run into trouble," Alysina offers candidly and conspiratorially to Talia.

*As she leans in to speak to Talia, Alysina scans the list of names for any she recognises.*

GwydapLlew

First Post
None of the names stand out as anyone who has made the pages of the Sharn Inquisitive, nor are any of them noteworthy enough to have caught Alysina's attention. All of them dohave a checkmark next to their name, which the four of your names lack.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alysina keeps an eye out for the telltale hand flourish of checking a checkmark both when they are about to enter to see the Provost and when they have just left. If the check isn't for either of either of those two purposes, it might be something darker, like a check for fallen field agents.*

Remove ads