• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Rionus continues to aproach the Orc.

"Stay down! One of your "friends" obviously prefers you dead to talking. If you want to live through this, we're your onyl chance."

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]I didn't cast the illusion yet, so Tam shouldn't edit his actions based on that[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]Correct, but since he's going after you, it's not unreasonable (to me) to take the initiative order into account while planning actions. Especially when it's this funny. :)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Ah, but he doesn't know what's going on exactly in my action ;) Trust me, it will be readily apparent that the spectres and wraiths are my minions--note that there is no need for my 5 10-ft cubes to be consecutive according to the spell description--I'm saving one of them to make a really nice display around myself :][/SBLOCK]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]Ah, but he doesn't know what's going on exactly in my action ;) Trust me, it will be readily apparent that the spectres and wraiths are my minions--note that there is no need for my 5 10-ft cubes to be consecutive according to the spell description--I'm saving one of them to make a really nice display around myself :][/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]Then post your darned action! :p If I don't get a response for Aristeas before tomorrow morning, I'll adjudicate Sirrel's action for the last round and then post round 2.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Fine :p I don't like to do it before I see what all the NPCs do, but I'll assume that the drunken sailor and dog won't do anything interesting.[/SBLOCK]

'Well, I know he's superstitious if he wears this charm, so...'

*Alysina casts a spell and eerie ghostly lights and strange transparent gossamer threads begin to weave about her, as she grins and seems to lift slightly off the ground, an ethereal zephyr blowing back her cloak's hood and then tossing her hair about, though by the pale light, her hair pales to a ghostly white, and her eyes seem wild and haunted. The cairn charm glows brightly--perhaps as a warning against the very ghosts against which it is meant to protect...or perhaps as a sign that she is channeling it for exactly the opposite purpose.*

"You fool!" Alysina keens in an eerie, eldritch voice, though with the full strength of her lungs so that it is plain to hear, "Surrender to me now or feel the wrath of the damned, the sorrow of those who heed my call, returned from the grave and eager for the taste of precious life...or for revenge! Throw down your weapons and surrender to me, or JOIN THEM IN DOLLURH!"

*Alysina raises her hands above her head, and dark energy glows in a rippling purple-black ball and then spreads out into what seems like a rift between worlds, a crack in the very fabric of reality. One by one, ghostly spirits, spectres, wraiths, and ghosts spill out of the rift to Dollurh, and first among them is a spectral form that all will remember--the student whom Irontusk had slain at the Academy!. Alysina beckons, and the spirits sink into the ground incorporeally, as spirits do, and then rise up again surrounding Irontusk on all sides except the side that will lead him careening into Tam, their tortured faces wearing damned, accusing expressions that make the preternatural silence all the more terrifying as they reach out towards Irontusk, beckoning for him to join them in damnation...in death.*

*Meanwhile, Alysina spares a glance to the nearby kobold, stifling a chuckle at his inevitable reaction to this.*

[SBLOCK=OOC]How's that? The sinking into the groun and rising up is to make up for the fact that they can't actually inhabit any of the intervening space ;)[/SBLOCK]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Round 3 Results

Alysina casts a spell and eerie ghostly lights and strange transparent gossamer threads begin to weave about her, as she grins and seems to lift slightly off the ground, an ethereal zephyr blowing back her cloak's hood and then tossing her hair about, though by the pale light, her hair pales to a ghostly white, and her eyes seem wild and haunted. The cairn charm glows brightly--perhaps as a warning against the very ghosts against which it is meant to protect...or perhaps as a sign that she is channeling it for exactly the opposite purpose.

"You fool!" Alysina keens in an eerie, eldritch voice, though with the full strength of her lungs so that it is plain to hear, "Surrender to me now or feel the wrath of the damned, the sorrow of those who heed my call, returned from the grave and eager for the taste of precious life...or for revenge! Throw down your weapons and surrender to me, or JOIN THEM IN DOLLURH!"

Alysina raises her hands above her head, and dark energy glows in a rippling purple-black ball and then spreads out into what seems like a rift between worlds, a crack in the very fabric of reality. One by one, ghostly spirits, spectres, wraiths, and ghosts spill out of the rift to Dollurh, and first among them is a spectral form that all will remember--the student whom Irontusk had slain at the Academy!. Alysina beckons, and the spirits sink into the ground incorporeally, as spirits do, and then rise up again surrounding Irontusk on all sides except the side that will lead him careening into Tam, their tortured faces wearing damned, accusing expressions that make the preternatural silence all the more terrifying as they reach out towards Irontusk, beckoning for him to join them in damnation...in death.

At Alysina's display, the docks fall silent for the first time since the five of them had arrived. Ironntusk ceases struggling in the nets, and begrudgingly calls out, "I give!"

Krontigard blinks once and then grins like a crocodile. "What a woman!

Weapon emerges from the water and joins Rionus in moving down the pier towards the struggling half-orc. Rio calls out as he approaches the entangled shoreman. "Stay down! One of your 'friends' obviously prefers you dead to talking. If you want to live through this, we're your only chance."

Tam jumps back when the wraiths begin to coalesce, but remains near Irontusk as Alysina reveals her control over the creatures. Meanwhile, Sirrel watches warily, with her crossbow out and aimed at Irontusk.

~Combat Over...For now!~

41645dc7292e0567.bmp

Encounter Key
19 - Alysina (hp: 12/12)
16 - Irontusk (2) (hp: 6 dmg) (PRONE)
13 - Krontigard (1)
12 - Weapon (hp: 27/27)
09 - Tam (hp: 22/22)
07 - Rionus (hp: 21/21)
05 - Sirrel (hp: 8/8)
-- - Drunken sailor (3) (PRONE)
-- - Dog (4)

Patlin

Explorer
Rionus get to within 10' of Irontusk, and starts looking for the shooter.

Did one of us fire the arrow in the Orcs leg, or is someone trying to kill our best lead?

(Spot -1)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads