• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

GwydapLlew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You're right; I was conflating Taking 20 with Taking 10. I do, however, consider this a situation in which you are rushed, hurried, or distracted. You are, after all, chasing a half-orc across riverboats in an attempt to stop him from getting away. :D[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'd agree with Rystil taking 10 doesn't take extra time (that's taking 20), but personally I'd disallow taking 10 'cause it seems like a combat situation t me. Just for the sake of the argument, of course, DM's word being law and all.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Well, I was careful to describe Alys's slow, calm movements and friendlt demeanour--I was hoping since she beat him at Initiative that he technically didn't count as running away. Ah well--stupid kobold.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Come to think of it, I'm not seeing how she would be in range from on the boat--she probably would have just double-moved to the end of pier (that spot 25 feet from him on the top-right of the lower rectangle) in an attempt to wave and hail him to stop running.[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the chaos ensure, Weapon looks to see if the half-orc begins bolting after Alysina's actions. Assuming so, he takes the most direct route possible to the others dock---through the water.

[sblock=OOC]10' of water? Who needs to breathe. :) 40' of movement should take me near the first pillar unless walking through water is difficult terrain. But you get the general idea.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]We just turned on the TV and guess was was playing? Terminator 1. "He will not stop. Ever!" ;)[/sblock]

Aristeas

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Appropriately enough, given my delay in updating, Sirrel's initiative is 5. With a speed of 20ft there's no way she's getting him in Close range this turn, so she'll just double move to the end of the pier.[/sblock]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Round 1 Results

"Irontusk old friend!" Alys calls out, "How have you been? Please don't run--I'm just here to talk," she spares a glance to the others that suggests belying her by drawing weapons and firing at him should wait until she tries this first. She moves confidently down the first dock and onto the first barge. To Alysina's right, a wall of crates filled with imported cloth bisects the barge, making her feel a bit cramped in the small boat. (Give me a Spot check.)

As ludicrous as her statement may appear to the rest of the group - aware that their intentions are not at all beneficial to the half-orc, Irontusk pauses after starting away from the group. He turns and looks at the human woman and calls out, "What d' you want? Don't come any closer!" His fists clench nervously as the others move around him, but Alysina's bluff appears to have paid off - if only for a moment.

[Sblock=Sense Motive]Sense Motive (1d20=1). Even with a +20 modifier, he would have failed.[/sblock]
Krontigard lets out an oath and steps back, away from the moving adventurers.

Seeing the chaos ensure, Weapon looks to see if the half-orc begins bolting after Alysina's actions. Assuming so, he takes the most direct route possible to the others dock---through the water. He drops down to the bottom of the river and begins walking resolutely toward the other piers.

"A chase" says Tam. "It's my turn to earn my part of the money, I guess." Noticing the layout of the surrounding landscape, Tam goes directly to close Irontusk's way out. He faces the wall in front of him and does not so much climb it as walk rught up it with a few agile steps and disappears over the roof of the tower. Tam proves to be exceptionally quick, and with a few jaunty flourishes, he easily moves along the tower-top, clearing the tunnel's distance easily.

Rio is very impressed by Tam's running right up the side of the wall.

Nice trick!

Rio starts along the edge of the tower as he hustles to intercept their quarry. The paladin takes only a step forward before he gets a better look at the drop off, and turns north. He heads for the first open street and turns east, hoping to parallel the pursuit and intercept the half orc should he move further into the city. As he enters the tunnels, Rio begins pushing his way through the crowds in the tunnel, and picks the branch that he thinks will take him back to the Underhang. (Not there yet!)

Sirrel tries to keep pace with Alysina, but her shorter strides leave her several feet behind the talkative woman.

((Round 2 Actions?))

41645d71d16049f2.bmp

Encounter Key
19 - Alysina (hp: 12/12)
16 - Irontusk (2)
13 - Krontigard (1)
12 - Weapon (hp: 27/27)
09 - Tam (hp: 22/22)
07 - Rionus (hp: 21/21)
05 - Sirrel (hp: 8/8)

Last edited:

Remove ads