The major changes at WOTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2Z

Explorer
Well, if spending time on this board has taught me anything it's that gamers come in all shapes and sizes. It's just possible this 'Hasbro hack' is a hardcore gamer. Who knows? I'm not too worried though.

Wicht

Hero
(land of Barbie Doll and other dumb toys)

Ya know...

#1) You shouldn't knock toys. I still haven't outgrown them and the introduction of children into my household simply provides me with a reason to continue to haunt the isles of any toy store I find ;)

#2) The toy business is pretty cutthroat and competitive. If you can make it there you can make it anywhere. :)

#3) As A2Z said, how do you know this guy is not a role-player as well?

Conclusion Don't knock toys. But also give people a chance to fall down before you mock them for clumsiness.

Psion

Adventurer
I dunno. I seriously question whether anything WOTC does would really affect my game right now or for some time. WotC has been pretty slow getting the products out, and hasn't put out one that has had a significant impact on my game for some time.

Very true Psion, as I think back at my lat 10 purchases only one was a WOTC product. In the future the only ones that possibly interest me that I know about are "Book of Vile Darkness" and the Drow supermodule (please be better than RTTTOEE).

In fact there is only one product that I am really waiting for to come out and its not even by WOTC.

Psion said:
I dunno. I seriously question whether anything WOTC does would really affect my game right now or for some time. WotC has been pretty slow getting the products out, and hasn't put out one that has had a significant impact on my game for some time.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
The CEO doesn't necessarily have to know the particulars of the product line to make the business a success. They have to deal w/ lawyers, shareholders and so forth. If they're smart, they leave the actual decisions about day-to-day production to the employees.

If there really was someone on the take at WotC, then a change is good news. We don't want the rank & file over there to suffer from a smaller version of what happened at Enron.

Finally, as others have noted, D&D is pretty safe at this point. Even if WotC goes belly up, D20 is alive and won't be killed so easily. Our hobby is probably more safe from bad business decisions or corruption than it has ever been.

For one thing, Barbie isn't at Hasbro, it's at Mattell (I have a 4-year old daughter, I oughtta know.) Star Wars toys are at Hasbro, among other things.

For another thing, do we really want a gamer or a businessman at the top level? CEOs aren't involved in day-to-day operations of running games development, I wouldn't think. Maybe the COO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads