• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

S

Ssussunriyh

I'll help, I'm pretty good at writing infomational texts. Give us a rundown. What has already been decided, what needs to be fleshed out, and what has yet to be written?

W

WizO_Pounamu

Decided:
  • The TMP room is a nightclub with appropriate restrictions
  • TMP has a vague address (well, last I check it was one of 3 choices.) on Manhattan, New York
  • It is set in the year 2030
  • There has been contact with alien life forms
  • The crash of an alien ship has aided mutation in some humans
  • There are technological advances but they are not extremely furturistic (No gundams folks!)
  • The majority of society does not believe in magic or mythology
  • Many characters have businesses in the TMP area
  • Pou's in charge of the nightclub itself. :p

Fleshed out, I have the room and description, a little history for the organisation using the club as a cover/side interest, some business descriptions and location requests, the descriptions for a few alien races and one person working on a drawing for said aliens.

There's an urban legend or two on these boards.

There's not much else.

I did have suggestions on what could be written, but seeing as that didn't work I'd like to hear what people would like to write.

Have I missed anything? I writing this tired. ><

- Pounamu

:( I am so way behind on this new room info ( computer's been giving me a bad time lately ). Any how, only things I wish to know at this time is; when will this new room be up and running, and is it too late for me to have a new character of mine to set up his business ( P.I. ) in this whole thing. Thats all.

W

WizO_Pounamu

I'm not going to give a date on when the room is going to be up, despite trying to push behind the scenes. Last time and the time before that a date was given the date was long passed by.

Things have not gone smoothly. And I'm stubborn. :angel:

It is not too late to add your own ic business to be in the TMP neighbourhood. Currently they stand as an approved list on the message boards with owner details, description of the shop and website if applicable.
If you'd like your own added, send it to me at pounamu@wizardsmoderator.com and please include a note about where you're like the business to be in relation to TMP itself. Across the road? A block down the street on the same side? Around the corner? 3 blocks away?

- Pounamu

Aesynil

First Post
O.O Went away for a while, and it's Still not ready? I'm never gonna be able to play my poor character...Gonna go cry in my corner now, sniff

T

Tsuko

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm late

I had noticed the note of the Aliens thing, and I foudn this of interest. Yaujta. The Predator. The settign for the Yaujta is present day, and considering they live for millenia, is is feasable they still exsist. And as proven by the Alien Versus Predator comics, and movie, the Insect would have been in existance as well.
What made me think of these are a couple websites I found while searching the web for interesteing Yaujta pictures. The first one is the most in-depth Yaujta site you will ever find, including information on the Insect and the US Marines in the movies and comics as well
http://www.geocities.com/gunsandgod/ The second actually presents a plug-in for the Yaujta as a Monster Race, a Classable Monster race, both a stat block like out of the various compilations of MOnsters, and as a character races as well.
http://www.serenadawn.com/Alien-Plug-In-Predators.htm
The second set of people, also made on for the insects, from Face Huggers to Drones for Non-Class Avancement Monster races. Although, I kinda lost it from my favorites list, so sorry.

{edit: Fixed a rather embarassing typo . . . }

Kristine

F

Fenmarel

World News

Three car bombings rocked the city of Tel Aviv. No reports of death at this time though thirty civilians have been hospitalized all in serious condition. While no one has claimed responsibility for these actions our sources believe it to be the work of the terrorist group calling themselves Red Storm.

National News

Presidential hopeful Sam Cochran announced he will not be seeking election this year. This decision comes in wake of a joint IRS, Dept of Treasury and FBI investigation that is focusing on the possible misappropriation of over $375 billion by Cochran while serving as Senate Majority leader where he headed the board overseeing AI funding. Cochran denies the two events are related and says that there is a possibility he will run in the next election.

Sec of State Lin Yang was released from St. Francis Hospital today. Yang was reported to have been suffering from lightheadedness, shortness of breath and chest pains. The exact nature of her ailment is still being held confidential, we will bring you up to date as soon as more information is released.

The State of Missouri has been declared a federal disaster zone today. This decision was made after the 8.7 earthquake that turned most of Southeast Missouri into a swamp. The death toll at this time is a staggering 1.3 million people though reports of deaths are still arriving. The neighboring states along the New Madrid fault line Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas have also received substantial losses to both life and property though reports from these states have yet to be brought to public attention.

The East Coast Strangler was killed today in a bloody shootout with North Carolina Highway Patrol officers near the city of Raleigh. The strangler has been identified as Marco Ruiz Jimenez a Florida native. His death puts an end to a violent killing spree that claimed the lives of 75 women up and down the Atlantic coastline. Senior FBI agent Zeke Williamson was reported to say they are still investigating the possibilities of accomplices in these brutally vicious crimes.

The price of gasoline dropped a record thirty cents to a 10 year low of $3.89 per gallon. This decrease comes after Exxon delivered on their promise of 2million barrels of crude oil that had been illegally hoarded since 2008.

Local News

A Queens man was the sole lucky winner of our Megamillions Powerball lottery drawing. Micheal Brown was awarded his $253.7 million check this afternoon following a small parade in his honor sponsored by the Daimler Corp.

Mayor Pulamochek died today after complications following his extremely contreversal surgery where they attempted to attach a cybernetic arm. After this failed attempt Councilwoman Beth Mulcaney said she will fight till her dying day to prevent such unorthodox and sacreligious operations from taking place especially with our limited knowledge of these procedures.

Still got ideas just got tired and couldn't keep going. If you guys like these I can come up with more news related stuff.

W

WizO_Pounamu

You gave me a fright. ;)

Always interested in more stuff Fen, honest. I'm so sorry it's taking so $$&$&^& long... :weep:

- Pounamu

R

Rajak2.0

heh, keep on posting, i would suggest one where they actually put Arnold as present, gotta keep with the Demolition man prophecy...

F

Fenmarel

World News

The People's Army of China invaded Russia today making a realitively easy march to Moscow. The city is now under Chinese control and under military curfew. The delegates there from UCoE and the US are being held as political prisoners for the time being. President Swartzenegger declared that if our ambassador was not returned within 24 hours the US would go to all out war with the Chinese and their allies. No acknowlegment of the demand has come yet from China.(hmm wonder who that one was for? ;) )

Remove ads