• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mist of Blades

gothwalk

Explorer
[This is an entry for the background material of the Oriental-style lands in my campaign world, Davon.]

The Mist of Blades may be a demiplane, a part of the Astral, or something else entirely; nobody is quite sure. Sometimes, a few days after a powerful warrior has defeated another in an honourable duel, she will wake one morning to find herself lying on a mist-covered plain. Floating in the mist, point up, are thousands upon thousands of swords, of all kinds. They float exactly two paces apart, so that they form a grid of swords. The warrior may wander among them for as long as she likes, but as soon as she touches one of the blades, she will be returned to her own bed, with the blade beside her. Sometimes, these blades are magical, sometimes not; they are always of the highest of quality. There seems to be little pattern in the people who find the Mist of Blades; some warriors reach it two or three times, others never, though they fight duels every day for a year.

As always, campaign details at http://www.badgerofthelord.net

gothwalk

Explorer
Go for it!

Let me know if you use it, and how it works out. I'm always interested to see how other people use my ideas - usually it kicks off a bunch more ideas in my own head.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads