• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mob Rules - Redesign?

gizmo33

First Post
(...if you listen to fools...)

I don't have the DMG II but, as I understand the Mob, it's a bunch of angry villagers with the attack power of a epic level barbarian (or something like that). I like the idea that a large number of creatures fighting in concert would be more capable than the way the rules represents these creatures individually. I even thought of using the mob template as a sort of mass-combat rule for troops. But the mob template seems to not be designed for this.

So I propose a "troop" template (need better name?). The troop would be a certain number of creatures in an area. It would be nice if the creature's base HD, AC, etc. played some role in the stats of the troop upon which it was based. That would provide incentive to buy your troop armor and give them weapons - unlike mobs. It would also be nice if there were rules for archery - perhaps something like an ice storm but call it a "hail of arrows" instead.

Thoughts?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads