The Morningstar Proprietor's Guild

With the second big announcement in as many days, Codename: Morningstar creators Trapdoor Tech has announced a local gaming store program which makes it worthwhile for stores to adopt the electronic platform for in-store game play. It's phrased as an invitation for store owners to reach out. The program gives your local game store a percentage of your purchases from the Morningstar online marketplace, allows stores to offer use of Morningstar free within the store, plus some gift cards.

With the second big announcement in as many days, Codename: Morningstar creators Trapdoor Tech has announced a local gaming store program which makes it worthwhile for stores to adopt the electronic platform for in-store game play. It's phrased as an invitation for store owners to reach out. The program gives your local game store a percentage of your purchases from the Morningstar online marketplace, allows stores to offer use of Morningstar free within the store, plus some gift cards.

This is the text of the announcement:
Local game stores are the lifeblood of the hobby community.

They provide a gathering place for players to muster and socialize, a source of trusted information on upcoming titles, and a central hub for organized games and events. Without game stores, the hobby would still be relegated to the toy isle of the local department or big box store.

And, at the heart of the game store are the owner and staff. In almost all cases these folks are gamers - passionate and well-versed in the nuances of the hobby. Owning a game store is hard work, and we believe that these brave souls should be rewarded for their efforts and sacrifice. The Morningstar Proprietor's Guild exists to promote partnerships with local game stores. While still being formalized, the program has three primary components.

Loyalty. We support our local game store. Within Morningstar, players and game masters can enter the game store ID number for their local shop. Whenever, they make a purchase through the in-app store, their local game store gets a check for a percentage of the sale. No overhead, no inventory, no risks. It's dead simple. The loyalty program provides a positive incentive for store owners to support Morningstar in their establishment.

Game Night at the Store. An extension of our existing technology allows game store owners who participate in the Morningstar Proprietor's Guild to get special logins which they can share with their customers for both casual and event play. These logins provide full access to Morningstar on the user's device - but only in the store. Yes, the login is geolocation-bound to the game store. Come in and play. Getting players in the door is the focus. While the code is still under development, we believe this is a critical piece of the value proposition for game store owners.

Gifts. We are currently working on a plan to provide physical gift cards for store owners to sell. These would work just like other gift cards, but they are aimed at Morningstar users who want to buy that next great adventure or fun accessory at our in-app store. The Morningstar Proprietor's Guild has a small one-time fee which is covered by a Pledge at 7th Level. Interested store owners should feel free to contact us with questions and comments (Support@trapdoortechnologies.com). Part of Guild membership includes a seat at the table as the programs are being defined.

To all the store owners: we look forward to working with you. Please don't hesitate to reach out! To all the game store patrons: Share the campaign with your local game store owner!

Have a great weekend everybody,

Chris Matney

photo-1024x768.jpg

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
With two weeks to go their only at $55,000 of a $425,000 goal? Ugh, this doesn't look good, and nothing of their recent announcements makes me any more likely to pledge either.

turkeygiant

First Post
With two weeks to go their only at $55,000 of a $425,000 goal? Ugh, this doesn't look good, and nothing of their recent announcements makes me any more likely to pledge either.

I'm surprised they haven't cancelled early. From my perspective that would show a little more perspective and awareness on their part, having a cancelled kickstarter on the books seems slightly less damaging to your future prospects compared to a FAILED kickstarter. I'm interested to see what this company does in the FUTURE, but I'm just not interested in what they are offering NOW.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Honestly, I like the idea of reaching out to local retailers/brick&mortar stores. That's something I'd like to see more companies support. So big kudos to them for that.

That said, I'm at a bit of a loss with Trapdoor in general. Since the whole 5E deal fell through, it seems like they're a bit scattered all over the place, attempting to do just TOO MUCH all at once. (Of course, that could be just my perception.)

Remove ads

Remove ads