• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The most charming fighter/Rogue ever.

Jay_Kinnear

First Post
Alright....I'm interested in creating a Character who is the epic Fighter/Rogue the kind of dashing character who could fight off five man, then seduce the queen, and all four of her daughters all while being on "Intimite terms" With the Seven Sister, so the challange is how exactly do I do this. I'm thinking a character like this would be fun. So here's the challange Half Elf, and keep his feats, and the like to WotC sourebooks.

And while he is dashing and charming he also knows when to slip into a crowd, and wait for a better time to strike.

Last edited:

Shiv

Explorer
Sounds like Roderick Blunt, an old character of mine.

What level are you starting at?

Anywho, my thoughts. Start him as a Rogue, mostly for the skill points. You want to stay heavy on the physicals (Climb, Balance, Jump, Tumble, etc.) as well as be solid on Spot, Listen, Bluff, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, maybe Disguise and Intimidate. Flavor to taste.

Then start adding levels of fighter alternating with rogue. Shoot for the Duelist PrC. My DM was nice and helped me develop a Shashbuckler PrC that was part Duelist, part Thief-Acrobat. Worked out nicely. See what your DM says.

As for Feats, it's a toss-up between the swash and buckle of two-weapon fighting, and the fun of single weapon with a shield/parrying item (historically, swashbuckly types used caps, capes, chairs, etc. to parry; maybe you and your DM could develop an "Improvised Shield" feat or some such to mimic a better AC from parrying with something weird). I personally lean toward the Two-Weapon path, with Ambidexterity, and eventually Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack. Off-hand Parry is handy.

Once you've got the prerequisites, go Prestige Class, all the way to 10. Then top off with levels of rogue to keep your sneak attack and uncanny dodge going. You can also go a bit past your prerequisite point to get those abilities to a level you like before going Prestige.

Have fun with it. Bucklers of the swash are a lot of fun.

Remove ads