• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The most disturbing thing youve seen/experienced

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
KenM said:
The most disturbing thing I have experenced was getting banned from ENworld for expressing my opinion I did not attack anyone on here, but I guess if your opinion is not popular, you get banned. So much for free speech.

Dude, if getting shut out of an RPG group is the "most disturbing thing" you have experienced, then you are one of the most sheltered people I've ever met.

For me it would be finding out about my mother's stomach cancer. (She died eight years ago from it).

Nyaricus

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
Dude, if getting shut out of an RPG group is the "most disturbing thing" you have experienced, then you are one of the most sheltered people I've ever met.
CM, that has already been dealt with upthread, so no need to add insult to injury, eh.

cheers,
--N

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
The most disturbing thing I've ever seen that did not involve blood, guts, gore, ranting, raving, bodily fluids, physical deformities, or a gross disease involved a mother and her son.

He was 18 months old and getting into everything. Or trying to.

She had him on a leash and was hovering over him to make sure he never came to harm. Never, not once. Kid couldn't even trip and fall down. Absolute protection from harm.

What is that kid going to learn as he grows up? Will she let him grow up?

Jesus_marley

First Post
The most disturbing thing I have had the misfortune to witness is, quite frankly, the depths to which a human being can sink in order to feed a drug addiction.

I have seen a homeless guy doing a line of cocaine off of a dumpster. I have seen 14 year old prostitutes offering themselves for 10 dollars to buy crystal meth. I have witnessed the physical degeneration of a young woman from the start of her habit to the end one year later. I saw a girl overdose in a filth encrusted stairwell. Fortunately she survived.... at least for one more day. I was able to get a hold of the EMTs in time.

The most disturbing aspect of all of this is that there is nothing else that I can do but watch it happen.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
I caught you knockin'
at my cellar door
I love you, baby,
can I have some more
Ooh, ooh, the damage done.

I hit the city and
I lost my band
I watched the needle
take another man
Gone, gone, the damage done.

I sing the song
because I love the man
I know that some
of you don't understand
Milk-blood
to keep from running out.

I've seen the needle
and the damage done
A little part of it in everyone
But every junkie's
like a settin' sun.

---Neil Young, The Needle and the Damage Done

Note; Some have traced the break-up of The Buffalo Springfield to Neil Young's heroin habit. Soon after he quit cold turkey and he's been clean ever since.

Albert Francis "Frank" Sinatra is rumored to have been a heroin addict early in his career. when it started to threaten that career he went into seclusion and beat it. The movie The Man With The Golden Arm is said to be autobiographical.

Not everybody has that sort of determination unfortunately.

javapadawan

First Post
I was going to post something in this thread when I saw the title.

But having read it, I don't think that silly story I had is really relevant after all.

Instead, I'm going to count my blessings, and send my sympathy, condolences and heartfelt thanks in turn to each of the others who have posted their own stories.

Harmon

First Post
I just saw Heroes and remembered something from my teens, I wrote it out and realized this isn't helping anyone. Or at least it doesn't seem to be helping anyone?

Last edited:

dragonhead

First Post
I was fliping through the channels yesterday and a show was on the discovery channel. i say guys i blue suits over a pile of meat, i thougt this was a show on the FDA, but then i saw a face. i looked and the balloon said discovery health, and the show was real tramua cases in the ER. the unfortuneate person looked like gound up hamburger, with all of the blood turning everything red. my wife wasnt hungery anymore after that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads