The most recent layoffs *ALL READ*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
That is back when i STARTED to game.
Those very years.

Whats your point? That Hasbro is making the same mistake TSR did?

Its a bit diffrent.

Hasbro is not a smalltime company.
They can afford to NOT make billions on D&D

They make profit on it just fine.......their greedy for more and complain about not making ENOUGH profit.

jester47

First Post
Pushing the CEO out the corner window won't do any good, its only about a 12 foot drop. I am not even sure if he is on the second floor (there are only two). Granted they wont need the nice big employee lounge they have much longer if this keeps up...

Aaron.

TBoarder

Explorer
Edit: Eric...a thousand vulgarities upon you. how damned unamerican.

Couple of things. First, Eric Noah doesn't run these boards, Morrus does. Eric's only a moderator (Okay, a super-moderator, but still...). Second, Morrus isn't American. :)

I think you should calm down. The fact that you're exploding on someone who is simply trying to make the ENWorld boards a decent place for D&D players of all ages. Sure, rant all you want about the layoffs. They have me worried too, but c'mon, can't you do it without the vulgarities? You said it yourself, there are plenty of places that will allow you to swear up a storm. This ain't it. Try going into an american mall and start swearing up a storm like you did here, see how long you'll last. Same principle applies here.

(Okay, I'm done playing wanna-be moderator now. :p )

William Ronald

Explorer
I think D&D will survive. The open gaming license is out there, and it has helped reinvigorate the hobby. I doubt that it can be rescinded.

As for what the future holds, no one knows. My advice is just support those companies and authors whom you have faith in.

Good job, Tboarder. Feel free to complain and rant, but please refrain from directly insulting others (subtle insults are usually okay, though, since they're funny ;)), and avoid vulgarity, because we want to keep this place polite and friendly.

Long live our hobby. :) And what friendly hobby it is.

EarthsShadow

First Post
just go with d20 Modern when it comes out, its the next big thing as far as fresh blood in the market. In the next year or two we will see a plethora of new modern day settings, not as many fantasy, and I think that everyone should also think of the other option we have and go straight OGL and not use the d20 license. How long would D&D last if everyone did that?

Q1000

First Post
Has any of you read a paper recently. Thiengs are bad out there, realy. Go ask Consolidated Freight how it felt to lay of there entire USA work force. Dig HP and the body count over there.

D&D will survive if the economy rebounds, otherwise who will be left who has the funds to waste on any RPG game.

The worlds burning babies, go out side and get real.

I could care less if D&D makes it or not, I have a kid and wife to feed. A HELL of a lot more importent than crying about Hasbro.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Q1000 said:
The worlds burning babies, go out side and get real.

I hear you, Q. It's understandable to let off a little civil steam over your favorite hobby, though. But you are right - not enough is being made of the REAL issues - for instance, the real problems that about 100 former WotC employees face in finding new jobs over the next 3 months. I am glad to see that they are giving severance packages that are gnerous-sounding, at least.

Family comes first - hobbies come second.

And with that, good night all, I have to get up for workin the morning. :)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Wolfwood said:
I do not believe the sky is falling chicken little.

Yes it is. It has to be. :D

Every time WotC lays off people, the threads pop up where people predict the end of WotC, the end of D&D, the end/revocation of the OGL (which cannot be revoked BTW...check the license). So far...nothing has ended.

When all this dies down and in a few more months when WotC lays off again....the same threads will pop up again.

:D

Ranger REG

Explorer
ArthurQ said:

Or www.seankreynolds.com who i intensly support.
With all due respect to Sean, I did not buy Silver Marches because I am not interested in that particular FR product. I know he had some conflict with the Wizards' bean counters about the "crunch vs fluff" debate. He even describe it in his story. But I have to tell you, I don't buy a product just because they happen to have a Forgotten Realms label. I buy a product because it interests me.

For now, I'm interested in Sembia. I was promised Sembia, but no Sembia.

I may be interested in Silver Marches in the future, but I'm not going to get it now just to have it collect dust on my bookshelf. If for some reasons my shopping decision have affected Wizards' revenue, then someone must be held culpable for not appealing to me.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads