The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"They've come through from the other side." said Lazharis as if what he had just told was not a mind-blowing revelation. "We need to find out how. But for now, we must ask for your hospitality."

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"It's unwise to stay here for too long, residual magic you know. I normally stay for an hour every day" The priest suddenly stops his ritual. "What do you mean 'the other side?'"

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Oh, you know. The side where the world remains and Cyre disappeared,” Maladiel says almost as casually as Lazharis.

”But what do you mean, residual magic?”

The sorcerer looks around, wondering if he sees anything unusual, magic-wise.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"The Karnathi used a magic bomb here early in the Siege... Hold on, we are getting distracted here. You came from outside the Siege?!"
The priest looks at you quizzically. "I may be a man of faith, but that seems a bit far-fetched."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Look at the group. We're too healthy to be from around here."
Malix comments glaring at the sorcerer thinking "Why would you give freely such exotic information? How will we hide like this?!?!??!"

OOC: running with the revelation rather than trying to bluff

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel smiles.

"Surely not all miracles have left the world, Father. I do not ask you to believe us, but I do hope you know a place where we can rest, if not here. Perhaps we can talk more later."

He looks at the changeling curiously, studying the faceless features.

"I didn't think I would ever see the natural face of your people, and yet here I am. It's a day full of surprises, dare I say."

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The priest pauses a long moment to consider what was being said.

"The Lady always says: 'Fortune Favors the Bold.'"
He comes to his conclusion and takes one of the coins from his purse, rolling it across his knuckles. "Staying here would be foolish, but I can understand why some wouldn't risk going to the Arena." The changeling flips the coin over to Lazharis. "Take that coin over to the vice houses, speak to Callia, and tell her Petru sent you."

Petru brushes some accumulated magical residue off his clothing, triggering an arcane spark. "If you will excuse me, that's my signal to leave, I hope our friends can help you out."

GM: The coin has the face of a black dragon on one side, and the symbol of the Sovereign Host on the back.

Do you want to try resting here? And if so, for how long?

Remove ads