[The Mythar Resistance] On The Trail

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Indeed, did you hear them clap? And I know the little ones likes your performance Nassitch, they always love the animals. Come here, you little varmit," Kromgron says with a broad grin, snatching up the kobold and placing him on his shoulders, where he can speak to people's faces and not their knees. Kromgron had a special place in his heart for the little kobold, probably because he reminded him of the children.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tau Scrymgeour (elven ranger/wilder)

Tau stands silently behind Olivia, his hand lightly on her shoulder. He has felt a strange kinship with the blind woman, spending most of his time with a blindfold on too. His expression is a little distant as he remembers the performance fondly, though it is difficult to tell as the cloth is still wrapped over his eyes. A slight grin alights his face, a rare sight for even his friends around him. Out in public like this he has always remained blindfolded, lest others discover that he is not really blind. He turns his face to gaze through psionically enhanced senses at the group gathered around.

How much we have been through friends. How much we still must endure until we can return to the ancient days, the wild unfettered days when my ancestors ran free among the green far to the north. Today has been a good day, enjoy it, it is for days like this that we continue to struggle against the Mythar. They bring us hope. The silent elf thinks to himself.

As Osric brings Olivia her drink he shakes himself from his reverie. "Thank you Osric." He says in his low almost thin voice, smiling to the man. When offered a drink he politely refuses, raising a hand in thanks.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Nassitch (Kobold)

Kromgron said:
"Indeed, did you hear them clap? And I know the little ones likes your performance Nassitch, they always love the animals. Come here, you little varmit,"

"Erck," Nassitch exclaimed as he was pulled from the earth. Nassitch deftly balanced his wine mug so that he didn't lose a drop as the big man tossed him up. A big smile spread on his face as he settled on Kromgron's shoulder. 'The view was definitely different from up here,' Nassitch thought.

"So, Uiim, is there any other reason to be breaking out the keg?" Nassitch asked.

Last edited:

The Rolling Man

First Post
Olivia echoes the thanks of Tau. "Yes, thank you Osric. You are always very helpful. I might need you again tomorrow, if you're still willing. These people will come to me and ask for their future. My booth must be ready for them."

A bit later, Olivia turns to the elven man standing beside her. "So, Tau, what's troubling you? This is a celebration, yet you feel distant. Do you sense a menace?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tau shifts focus, moving his head towards Olivia. He sighs slightly and only she can here it. Then he replies, "Indeed it is a menace that I sense. While I am glad that we can bring some light to these poor people and I understand that joy and hope bring them sustenance, but they yet live beneath the boots of tyranny. We must be careful here that we do not draw the attention of the Mythar who rules this place. While we may be able to flee his wrath, these common folk cannot. A darkness holds these people in shackles and my mind is ever wary of such a presence. Do you not feel it too?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"We're here to bright happiness to these good folks, even if their days are dark" Kromgron points out. "It's just too bad we can't stay longer and keep them happier..."

G

Guest 11456

Layonarai Leafrunner - Female Elf Spirit Shaman 5

Layonarai merely watches as the others revel and speak of the evenings performance. Then as if remembering something she speaks.

"Aye! But they always like it when I throw the fire*. Or at least I think they like it. Where were we yesterday? I forget. Were we here are did we just arrive today?"

She seems to be having a conversation with herself as she puzzles over where the group was yesterday.

* Referring to casting a Produce Flame spell and throwing the fire at several prearranged targets. She also uses a Light spell and a Mending spell in her part of the show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashy

First Post
Keia said:
"Erck," Nassitch exclaimed as he was pulled from the earth. Nassitch deftly balanced his wine mug so that he didn't lose a drop as the big man tossed him up. A big smile spread on his face as he settled on Kromgron's shoulder. 'The view was definitely different from up here,' Nassitch thought.

"So, Uiim, is there any other reason to be breaking out the keg?" Nassitch asked.

Uiim is silent for a long while, listening quietly to the conversations and words spoken. He seems to pay particular attention to Tau's words, as if studying each one as it falls from his lips.

Finally, he speaks, his words loud enough for the gathered group to hear, but none outside the fire-ring. "In a way, aye. On the morrow, we will be leaving here, moving north towards the city of Kyphos which is a weeks journey. However, three days out we will meet a 'contact'. This individual has some critical information on whatever it is that the Mythar are gearing up for. I do not need to tell each of you what this means, but I will state it again. This might be the last night for a long while that we will be able to relax in this manner and sleep as soundly as we shall tonight..." Uiim looks at each person, his bright eyes meeting each of theirs (or blindfolds). "Any that wish to leave, may do so now, with no ill will wished upon you. Those that stay, however, must know that they are committed 'til death to this cause."

The old gnome raises his mug and toasts simply, "To freedom-"

The implied message is lost to none...

Lazlow

First Post
Osric speaks up without hesitation. "Well, someone's got to look after you, greybeard!" He smirks at Uiim, a knowing glint in his eye, as he quickly tosses back the rest of his brew and slams his cup down on the stage with an authoritative *thwack!*

"'Committed til death', eh? Heh... That's the ONLY way you'll be gettin' rid o' me!" He clasps Uiim warmly by the shoulder and looks him in the eye for a second, his smile slowly fading... Then lays down on the stage with his hands behind his head, humming an old drinking tune.

Ashy

First Post
Uiim returns Osric's smile with one of his own and nods at his words. He then looks to the others, his cup still raised, as if waiting to see who will answer his toast...

Remove ads