[The Mythar Resistance] On The Trail

Ferrix

Explorer
OOC: So what's the verdict? Leaving the wagons for a day excursion?

Ashy:[sblock] Taking a look at the crystal sheet again, you think you may be able to activate it like other psionic items you have used in the past without knowledge of how exactly they function.[/sblock]

Ashy

First Post
Uiim nods, and then adds, "Secure the wagons. We'll leave them here for the day while we follow the scouts. Everyone be ready for attack - there may be more of those creatures-" the old gnome looks to where the black assassin creature lies buried, "lurking and waiting for us to come lookin'..."

Uiim then turns his attention to the crystal plaque in his hands. He focuses on it, trying to burrow his psyche into the object, hoping to activate it...

Lazlow

First Post
Osric finishes breaking down camp and securing the wagons. He ensures there's enough feed for all the horses and mules, then dons his armor and starts preparing his pack for the day.

log-a-log

First Post
Log looks around as everyone gets ready to leave and decides he better start getting ready to. He looks around one last time from the top of the wagon he sits to see if he can see anything important then goes down and puts on his armor and prepares his weapons. " I'm ready to go whenever."

DM: I take it I didn't find anything out about those items.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tau works with the others to make sure the camp is ready, then he will spend some time looking for a spot to hide the wagons as best he can. Using branches and natural cover he will cover the wagons and make them dissappear into their surroundings at least from the casual glance. He will also try to remove their tracks a little ways back along their trail.

[ooc: how many horses does that leave us with? enough for each of us to ride or hitch a ride with another character?]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Nassitch, Male Kobold

Nassitch had a long talk with the animals, explaining each of their responsibilities to each other while he was gone. Kimble followed along behind, lending weight to the seriousness of the discussions.

When he was finished, he asked Uiim, "You find anything on the shiny pieces on the bad man, Uiim. I could look at them if you wanted . . . they looked kinda pretty."

Ferrix

Explorer
Uiim grumbles impenetrably to himself and tucks the thin crystal sheet in a pocket, unable to call forth its powers. Turning to his companions, "time for us to head out; Nassitch, Tau lead the way."

The two trackers begin to retrace the path they took last night, it weaves alongside the road for a short while and soon they are upon the stone marker Tau constructed at the completion of their night excursion. Poking around for a moment, Nassitch picks up the trail again and soon they are following a wild game path away from the road towards the east.

Amongst the trees the light is filtered and shadowy, other than the occasional rustle in the underbrush which Nassitch assures you are no more than small woodland creatures, there is very little out here that is not actively avoiding you. Kromgron stumbles over a gnarled root, clanging into the trunk of a tree sending a flock of birds into the air.

Nassitch soon feels the rustle of moving air amongst the undergrowth, they are nearing an opening. The game path veers off to the left, but the creatures trail continues forwards. Pushing the vegetation out of the way, you emerge onto a stone precipice. Blinking your eyes to adjust to the direct sunlight you are overlooking a deep verdant canyon, a waterfall off to the left crashes down perhaps a hundred feet into a deep pool which flows off as a river to the southeast.

Nassitch looks up confused as the trail goes to right before the edge of the canyon and disappears.

OOC: Since Ashy is gone, I'm going to NPC him for a bit till it fits the story for his character to leave somehow, I'll also be fading out Olivia too since Rolling Man is gone. Since you'll be going through the woods it might be a better idea to leave the horses behind for now.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Nassitch (Kobold)

Nassitch looked up confused . . . he didn't expect the trail to lead off of a precipice - yet here they were. "Honest, Uiim," Nassitch explained, "the trail leads . . . right to the edge of this cliff then nothing . . . Ohhh, look! A waterfall!"

Nassitch stayed at the edge of the precipice, the heights forgotten for a few moments becuase of the waterfall.

Lazlow

First Post
Osric surveys the canyon with a befuddled look on his face. "Is it possible for the creature to have climbed up the cliff face? Or perhaps have ridden some manner of flying beast?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Kromgron grumbles at the bitter disappointment of the trail end, he could only hope to put his axe through another one of those wretched creatures when he got the chance and now was not that chance, something he did not particularly like.

Nassitch casts about for a second closer to the edge, occasionally scrambling back thinking he was going to slip, although the chances of the nimble kobold going over were far from likely. The stone dropped down straight and smooth for nearly twenty feet, like a knife had sheared it off, before stone jutted out on anything that could imaginably be used as a handhold. No normal creature could have scaled that wall, yet the creature had been anything but normal.

Uiim glared at the meager defeat to their tracking efforts, "this is no good, no good at all. Nassitch, what says your senses. There's no good feeling in all of this, and I'm one just to forget it and move on." Your leader's suggestions come off with an uncommon sharpness, something is bothering him and you can't fully make it out.

OOC: Trying to get everyone back on track.

Remove ads