• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Nature Knight, how would this work in AL - How would you rule it?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
If I was running an AL campaign in a tight group and saw the same players over and over, I'd let the player do something like described above. I'd also tell the player (?in writing) that my say-so only extends as far as my own table, another DM may not see the choice the same way, he should ask before play begins _and have a Plan B for tied-up resources in case he is told 'No'_.

But if this was a one-time-only group, or members and characters change often, or at a convention, or several tables in play at once, &c ... then not.

I can't always keep track of what's going on around me or at another table - sometimes I can't even keep track of what's happening at my own table in front of my very face! I don't want to set up a 'special situation' that is likely to cause disappointment (because the situation is changed) later on; it's not a gentlemanly thing to do to the player or future DMs.

Remove ads