The Nature of the Resistance in Star Wars The Force Awakens

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
That should've been covered up on the screen....

Nah. That would have been a terrible decision.

The story is better off this way, by far. I'm not going to read the books, in all likelyhood. I don't need any of that info unless I'm playing a SW TTRPG set in that time. Experiencing a story, we don't need that info at all. The movie gave us exactly the info we needed, that the story needed.

Water Bob

Adventurer
Nah. That would have been a terrible decision.

The story is better off this way, by far. I'm not going to read the books, in all likelyhood. I don't need any of that info unless I'm playing a SW TTRPG set in that time. Experiencing a story, we don't need that info at all. The movie gave us exactly the info we needed, that the story needed.

Yep. Remember, there was a ton of stuff that we didn't know about the original films.

To this day, we know little about Lobot, the human-cyborg that is Lando's right hand man on Bespin.

Stuff like that.

And, stuff that has been "answered". Like, what are those thick pen looking cylinders we see clipped to Imperial uniforms? I believe they've been answered by making them...security sticks.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Well, watching the movie I had the impression it had happened like the Revolution in my own country. The Rebel alliance topped the heads of government, but the Empire itself remained -it was still the legitimate government-. Without the head of the state, there was a new emperor by chain of succession, but this new emperor reorganized the empire into the Republic. However this new government didn't officially pardon the rebels -that is why the resistance exists, they control their own systems outside the law, but in the end they support the new regime, that is why they sometimes got help from the Republic army when fighting the Last Order-.

Remove ads