• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The need to kill

Greenleaves

First Post
We are going to be starting an evil campaign playing an orc warband.

I seem to remember either a feat or prestige class where by you need to kill people on a regular basis or you start to suffer. Can anyone help me with this?

I have access to all the books and our DM will allow most things if we can provide a good rationale and it adds flavour.

akbearfoot

First Post
There is a frequently depicted in movies/stories samurai code that requires you to draw blood with your weapon every time you draw it. If you draw it and then don't get in a fight, you have to cut yourself with it,. Otherwise you lose your honor and have to do the sword 2 the abdomen suicide thing. I seem to remember the Joffah from the Stargate series also following this tradition.

Thats kinda similar to what you mentioned. I dont know if the feat you remember is a D&D feat, but it sounds like something that belongs in BoVD or maybe Heroes of Ruin.

Rhun

First Post
I have not heard of this either.

Sounds like a fun campaign though. I played in a campaign once where all the PCs were goblins...good times!

Jimlock

Adventurer
only one problem with such campaigns though...

in case of inner party rivalries... not every party member wakes up in the morning around the campfire :angel:

Greenleaves

First Post
only one problem with such campaigns though...

in case of inner party rivalries... not every party member wakes up in the morning around the campfire :angel:

I am not sure how it is going to be run but I think we will be one of many warbands in thrall to a Warlord who then sends us out on quests. Whilst it won't completely eliminate the problem it should help as if we do not stay in line our lives are forfeit.

Of course when we get powerful enough we might try to overthrow the Warlord.

I normally play magic users in our games but the Orcs really don't lend themselves to this with their poor stats.

However dumping Str for Cha could make a reasonable Sorcerer who can bluff well.

"What treasure? There was nothing in this room, oh this jangling bag on my belt... I have always had it did you not notice before?"

Havoc123456

First Post
isnt there a magic weapon in the DMG that requires you to kill someone every day or something. i dont have my DMG at hand so i cant check for you.

Tovec

Explorer
isnt there a magic weapon in the DMG that requires you to kill someone every day or something. i dont have my DMG at hand so i cant check for you.

I can't seem to find one in either the magic weapons nor intelligent items sections. But it does sound familiar. A few of the intelligent items special properties do vaguely resemble this trait but I can't seem to match the actual rule or "side effect".

As far as the original poster's question. I think a feat like that would probably be in book of vile darkness or something similar. I'll reply back if I find anything.

Ranger19k

Explorer

You could be thinking of the Mace of Blood, which is under the cursed items in the DMG. IT requires bcoating the mace in blood every day or else it looses its magical enhancement. Also requires a daily will check or have an alignment shift to CE.

Havoc123456

First Post
You could be thinking of the Mace of Blood, which is under the cursed items in the DMG. IT requires bcoating the mace in blood every day or else it looses its magical enhancement. Also requires a daily will check or have an alignment shift to CE.
that is what i was thinking of. i had an idea that it was a mace, but i couldnt remember what it was called or what it did exactly. thanks

Remove ads