The New FREEPORT: CITY OF ADVENTURE Book Is Enormous!

Green Ronin has received advance copies of its Freeport: City of Adventure hardcover for the Pathfinder RPG. The classic setting, weighing in at 544 ful-color pages, the book - which comes with a poster map! - is enormous. In fact, it's the largest book Green Ronin has ever made. It's not available quite yet (though the PDF is), but it should hit shelves for $74.95 soon! Freeport is "a metropolis that mixes fantasy tropes, piracy, and Lovecraftian horror into an action packed setting."

Green Ronin has received advance copies of its Freeport: City of Adventure hardcover for the Pathfinder RPG. The classic setting, weighing in at 544 ful-color pages, the book - which comes with a poster map! - is enormous. In fact, it's the largest book Green Ronin has ever made. It's not available quite yet (though the PDF is), but it should hit shelves for $74.95 soon! Freeport is "a metropolis that mixes fantasy tropes, piracy, and Lovecraftian horror into an action packed setting."

freeport_map.jpg

freeport_side.jpg

For anyone that has stumbled upon this article ......
I pre-ordered this book from Green Ronin's website. It arrived probably about 3 weeks ago.
This is the BEST campaign city I have ever read!!! (and I own the original FR1 supplement Waterdeep and The North, the original 2nd Edition City of Splendors box set, 2nd Edition The Free City of Greyhawk box set, and the 3.5 Waterdeep: The City of Splendors book ..... Freeport tops them all!!)
I can't say enough good things about this book. It is top notch in every way. The attention to detail is tremendous!! GR literally tells you EVERYTHING that goes on, has gone on, or might go on in Freeport. This is the most complete city supplement I have ever read. It even has a sweet introduction adventure that gives your PC's a reason to come to the city and also serves as a kind of tour around the city. The map is GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to break this out at the table!!
Thanks to my love of comic books, I've even started to think of an NPC that I will insert into Freeport that is a mix between Batman and The Punisher. He will give the poor and downtrodden hope, and make the wealthy, powerful, and corrupted types (of which there are MANY in this book) tremble with fear!!
Freeport for the win!!

Really glad to hear the rave review. I bought the original Freeport: City of Adventure book many years ago and ran the Freeport Trilogy of adventures with it, along with a couple of others. The book was awesome for providing details along with heaps of plot hooks that could be intergrated in.

I ordered my copy of this new book via Amazon, but I'm still waiting for it to come in stock. So I look forward to reading it when I finally get it.

Olaf, you will not regret it. The book starts off with a general overview and (of course) history of the city. Then each chapter is a different section of the city. The detail in each chapter is just tremendous!! It's just beautiful.

Amazon Order: Officially delayed until middle of June!

Where did you get that info from? I got an email from Amazon today to say that they are still trying to get it and to click on a link to say that I still wanted the book.

The email said I had until 12 June to confirm that I still wanted the book, or my order would be cancelled. However, it did not say when they expected to get the book in stock.

Remove ads

Remove ads