• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The next 40$ 200-page hardcover fron WotC should be a . . .

Jarval

Explorer
Jeph said:
A few people have said Book of Exalted Deeds . . .

That's the one I'm waiting for! Although both your idea and Simplicity's sound worth $40 if done right.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
DM with a vengence said:
...big book that tells us exactly what is in store for the future of WotC and D&D.

Yeah, I love it when WotC releases their catalogs with all the great stuff that's coming out, like the Drizzt books, Master Tools...what it minute...there was that teensy weensy Master Tools thingy...

Nevermind. That's a really bad idea there, DM with a vengence. ;)

Personally, I'm really lookin' forward to Savage Species, but I don't think that's supposed to be a big book at all. Here's an idea though...what about Maztica? Or better yet, how about they release a book that explores one of those many unexplored continents on Faerun? That would be kinda cool.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'll tell you what i'd like to see. something that winds up being a combination of unearthed arcana, the tome of magic, and the book of artifacts. :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Campaign Composition Handbook

Taking your campaign into uncharted territory.

Hints and tips for making things exotic

Descriptions of different flavor types and how to make them viable.

Hints and tips for settings and adventures

DMing tips for campaign-altering events

A few "story seeds" that can be fleshed out into full-fledged campaigns.

Advice on some more bizarre campaign flavors: tech levels, magic levels, cultural places, comedy-horror-tragedy advice, etc.

Also, I would like the mythical Core Rulebook 4, with advice and examples of how to build and mess with D&D as it is. Things they used in playtesting, how they did what they did, and how to change things without destroying what they did.

Either of those would be great. But the first one is too fluffy and the last one is not gonna happen with the recent ripping-off-of-the-genetailia of those who actualy *did* 3e. :)

cofbaron

First Post
...compilation of their most popular and memorable classic modules converted to d20, so people who have gotten into the hobby recently can now understand some of the more obscure Dork Tower / Nodwick / KoDT jokes, and so older gamers can play it again for the first time.

Cecil

JeffB

Legend
Well make it a 300-320 pager and I’d gladly spend the money…on

Basic 3E: An all inclusive lite version of the 3E rules including monsters, magic items, DM stuff, the 32 page GH Gaz, etc. Something along the lines of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia.

Oh..and with Jeff Dee, Jim Roslof, Bill Willingham, and Erol Otus doing the art :D

Dingleberry

First Post
I would love to see a detailed, in-depth sourcebook for a single large city setting, with maps, maps, and more maps - especially of commonly-encountered things like various shops, taverns, houses, inns, churches, warehouses, etc.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Y'know, I've been thinking about it, and I can't think of a book right now that I'd be willing to pay $40 for, besides d20 Modern. Beyond that, it'd have to be something really spectacular, and it would have to have at least 300 pages, for me to be interested.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads