The next two phases of the MCU

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

I just watched Multiverse of Madness last night (LOVED IT*).

I had no idea. I mean, I know special effects, blah blah blah. But ... wow.

*In fairness, I was catching up, and I watched it as a double-feature with Eternals. And while I wanted to love Eternals so I could do some, "Y'all are wrong and this is a great movie post ...."

Oof. That was not a good movie.** But it did make MoM, comparatively, a straight-up Citizen Kane.

**Okay, in fairness there was some beautiful scenes. Landscapes and such. But the movie itself was poorly-paced, confusing, and uninteresting. I started doing chores while it was on.

pukunui

Legend
As someone who hasn’t read any Marvel comics, I’m confused about the premise of this show since Captain Marvel made a big deal about how the Skrulls weren’t bad and were just misunderstood (and it was actually the Kree who were bad).

Why are they pulling a “Skrulls are bad shapeshifters and have infiltrated Earth” plot now?

Is this show going to say “Well, actually, the Kree were right about the Skrulls after all …”?

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
As someone who hasn’t ready any Marvel comics, I’m confused about the premise of this show since Captain Marvel made a big deal about how the Skrulls weren’t bad and were just misunderstood (and it was actually the Kree who were bad).

Why are they pulling a “Skrulls are bad shapeshifters and have infiltrated Earth” plot now?

Is this show going to say “Well, actually, the Kree were right about the Skrulls after all …”?
Yeah that's my big wonder as well. I mean even if you go with the idea of "oh not those Skrulls, this is a different group of Skrulls".... it still seems like a lot of mixed messaging.

Are the Skrull going to be the new Orc in the tired argument of good and evil? Just like any other sentient race, some members will be good and some will be bad, whether they are Kree or Skrull or Titan or Earth human, and so on with all the species that have appeared in the MCU. What I want to know is where were the evil Asgardians? Even the one who went against his people, turned back to them and against Hela in the end.

pukunui

Legend
Are the Skrull going to be the new Orc in the tired argument of good and evil? Just like any other sentient race, some members will be good and some will be bad, whether they are Kree or Skrull or Titan or Earth human, and so on with all the species that have appeared in the MCU. What I want to know is where were the evil Asgardians? Even the one who went against his people, turned back to them and against Hela in the end.
Oh, I understand that.

It just feels a bit jarring to have an organised effort to infiltrate and undermine humanity when the last time we saw the Skrulls they were either a) misunderstood refugees fleeing Kree persecution or b) actively working with Nick Fury. I don't think Fury would be in favor of Skrull infiltration of Earth, so clearly this show is setting up a separate faction of Skrulls who perhaps do lend some truth to the Kree propaganda, and perhaps we will see Fury and Talos' Skrulls working together to uncover the other Skrulls' nefarious plans.

I'm willing to wait and see. I'm just a bit confused about it all at the moment since I don't have the comics to drawn on for background.

I am curious to see if there will be any involvement from the Kree again in this show. Ronan the Accuser is dead, and Yon-Rogg was sent home with his tail between his legs, so I'm guessing the Kree won't be as quick to try and blow up the planet again, but maybe some will show up and be like, "See? We were right about the Skrulls! You can't trust them!"

Remove ads