• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Now Defunct Compendium Search Engine and the Evil Wizards

Much to my dismay, I went to the free compendium search engine thing Dungeons & Dragons Compendium today (and practically live there when I'm on-line) and saw that they have totally changed it. One used to be able to fiilter and sort monsters, magic items, and other game elements http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/compendium, but now it's just generic blah- no longer can one filter and sort things.
This has TOTALLY paralyzed my game, insofar as making my adventures, i.e., figuring out what monsters to use, magic items to give, traps, etc.
So is the old compendium tool now defunct? Exclusive to insiders?
Thanks.
Sincerely,
P.O'd
Tool.aspx

Last edited:

Octangula

First Post
I have DDI and it's only giving me the mobile version right now. But my previously open compendium tabs still work (and no, I'm not about to reload them).

Viewing the source code for the page, I'm inclined to put it down to DetectMobileQuick() not working correctly, rather than malice. Time will tell...

Yes, it's bad. it doesn't even let you go the next page when looking up a category. It just gets cut off, starting with things starting with the letter B.
But, it looks official.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
I have DDI and it's only giving me the mobile version right now. But my previously open compendium tabs still work (and no, I'm not about to reload them).

Viewing the source code for the page, I'm inclined to put it down to DetectMobileQuick() not working correctly, rather than malice. Time will tell...

I agree completely. It's likely a coding glitch, rather than something done by design.

Hanlon's Razor applies: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hanlon's Razor applies: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Dannyalcatraz's Blunt Observation: everything wrong involving computers involves malice.

(;))

drothgery

First Post
What the carp, the horrific mobile version is the only one I can find a link to. Seriously, it's bad.
At first I was thinking that it was just detecting IE9 as mobile IE 9 for some reason, but it looks like that version is showing up regardless of browser.

Remove ads