• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

Lilith

Explorer
Uh...hi!

Umm, Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster. I host and program a site, DM Tools, which is full of user-contributed stat blocks for busy DMs. Also there is a treasure generator, encounters, demiplanes, mercenary jobs, scrolls and towns. If you have something you'd like to share with other DMs out there, and you're lacking in hosting or bandwidth, let me know!

:D

severine

First Post
I'm new to enworld@dnd looking to doing some playing

'sup to whoever is reading this. I'm in indiana and as you can obviously can see im new here.so hit me up and help me out.

oh and in the words of jay and silent bob..............snootch to the noonch

Thad Enouf

First Post
Hello

Hi everyone. I played AD&D back in the 80's and am coming back to it as a DM for my wife and kids (8 and 7). We're playing Sunless Citadel to start things off and the kids look forward to playing even more than the video games they got for Xmas. I think that says something about pen and paper style.

I have been lurking the last week or so and I've got a pleasant feeling from the posters here. Hopefully, I can make some positive contributions here, as I've already learned a few things in the short time I've been here.

At any rate, hello and if anyone lives nearby, drop me a line.

Cheers,

Thad

Thad Enouf

First Post
Mycanid said:
Welcome Thad ... and everyone else! Sheesh ... no one gave you all a welcome 'cept me?! :confused:

Ah well.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll assume that in this case, you're speaking for the whole board. :D

Krowout

First Post
Hello

So I've been browsing around ye ol' shoppe here and I wonder: What are EnWorld members called? I would have said Ennies but that designation seems taken. So are we Ents?

Also, as you can tell, I'm new here. Is my account in some kind of restricted or unapproved status? I seem to be able to follow more links when not logged in.

janselno

First Post
Humble Monk

Hello everyone. I`ve been playing D&D and star wars for a few years, and relly enjoy browsing around the sites. I am currently testing myself as a DM for the first time...and having great fun. I greatly enjoy Sci-fi and fantasy movies, and books.

L8_Nyte

First Post
Rancho Cordova, CA

So here I am. A lonely 2nd Ed player in a world of 3rd Ed converts and newbies.

I have discovered that I do not like 3rd Edition after having played it multiple times with several diffeent DM's. It took awhile, but I have even discovered WHY I don't like it...

It plays to the munchkin and short-attention-span crowds, and requires little to no thought or imagination on the part of the DM or the players. It plys just like on "online RPG" such as WoW, or Everquest. Give me paper, pencil, dice, and IMAGINATION over that stuff anyday!

Now, lest people think I am putting down on WoW or Everquest, or any other MMORPG for that matter, I am not. I myself play some of them and enjoy them for what they are, but they are NOT role-playing even if they ARE somewhat interactive, and they have no place at my gaming table. If I want to play WoW, I will goto my computer, if I want to play D&D I call up friends and sit down at the table to play.

That said, I am here becaus a number of people I know online mentioned that this was the place to look for people interested in getting together to play. I am looking for afew things in a gaming group:

1) Must be willing to play with a female DM. I am NOT the only DM in our group, sometimes my wife takes on that role. We have had problems with this in the past.

2) We prefer non-smokers. We understand that many gamers are smokers and are willing to make concessions, but smoking happens OUTSIDE, and should NOT be so often that it interupt gameplay.

3) Players need to be courteous towards others. We understand that if you get enough gamers around the table that there are bound to be off-color jokes and whatnot. We don't object to them in general but DO ask that they be kept within certain limits. We have a 12 year old as a player, and may occasionally have other pre-teens or teens as players, Off-color is okay, but keep it within reason.

4) Don't flake. We understand that "Real Life" takes precedence, but if that happens, be courteous. Give us a call so that we aren't holdng up the whole game waiting on you. And if you tell us that you will be a regular player, be one. If real life is preventing you from coming too often, please let us know so that someone else who wants to play can take your spot. You will always be welcome back as a guest, and maybe we can "make room for one more" if your situation changes... but if you tell us you are going to be there, please show up.

5) Respect the host. Whether the game is at our place, another players home, or a public venue, please keep in mind that noone likes guest who leave a mess and such guests are not likely to be invited back. Please remove any trash you may bring with you and don't leave it for the host or hostess to clean up.

With those things stated, if you are interested in talking to us about getting together to game, please feel free to post a reply here, or to get ahold of us at L8_Nyte@yahoo.com

-L8_Nyte

Rhyssa

First Post
Hi. I've been registered here for a while, just now finally getting around to posting something. I tend to lurk - a lot. Maybe that's why my character in our current campaign is a "person of opportunity" (aka rogue class) ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads