• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

ZER0

First Post
New

I recently decided to try my hand a bit more at DMing, and thought this site would be appropriate to learning a bit more, posting up problems I've been having, questions, etc.

aland

First Post
Morning/Evening, everyone~

I'm a D&D player in China who recently devoted most of his gaming time to Eberron. I came here primarily to look for information about the 4th Edition at first(especially Druids...), and later found this place interesting and attractive, though I have to use web proxies to get on this forum, thanks to the Great Firewall, most of the time and type in the user name and password everytime I want to post something...

wad

First Post
Brand new DM, signing on... where do I ask questions?

Hello, folks.

For the past quarter of a century I've been wanting to play D&D. That's not an estimate, or an exaggeration. Literally 25 years. Finally, I have a group of friends who also want to play! We have played 3 sessions so far. I bought the v3.5 core rulebooks, and the DM Guide 2. I've read the core rulebooks now, and am reading the DM Guide 2. Our DM is a talented fellow, who has a lot of "old school" D&D experience.

Anyway, after reading the DM Guide, I now am keenly interested in building my own adventures. I did some research, and built a campaign setting (in the world of Greyhawk). It's turning out rather well. I put a framework in it that allows me a lot of flexibility in terms of incorporating standalone modules, and integrating them into the overall storyline.

I have built a single adventure so far, a very small one for two level-1 characters. Last night, I ran through the adventure with my son and my father-in-law. It was plenty of fun, and we all enjoyed it. I learned that I have a lot to learn still.

Which of these forum areas would be a good place for me to correspond with other DMs about what I'm doing?

Look forward to interacting with some of you folks!

\/\/ /-\ [)

Trilan

First Post
Hi, I've been a gamer for around 20 years (tons of different systems), however the last 5 or 6 years it's changed from predominately RPG games to mostly miniatures thanks to people moving away and the like.

Since the local game shop shut down it's much harder to find games. We've recently opened up a website hoping gamers in the area (Terre Haute, Indiana) will stumble across it and maybe spawn up some more games. And we've had a few google hits so far, but haven't had many people make accounts and announce themselves yet.

My preferred games are 1st and 2nd edition AD&D, Torg, Earthdawn, Savage Worlds and Shadowrun.

Isnaard

First Post
To greet in a sophisticated way or just throw a "Sup", the eternal question...

Sup.

Ah, good, now that that's solved I can get on with the programme. I am a pure artist and a maniac for games of all sorts, and thus, ending up as a nerdy roleplayer who plays mtg wasn't really a surprise. Fortunately I have other hobbies too, such as being an elitist music nerd and an idiotic poet.

I have played D&D since the release of 3.0, and I am one of those guys who loves the 3.5 update and all the added material. I also play different White Wolf's games, such as Vampire (mostly old, for the new clans just suck major balls). I've plans to play Changeling and Werewolf: The Forsaken (honestly, folks, this one's brilliant. Imo the best update in WoD 2.0).

I joined the forums in order to get in a game my friend Blackrat is GMing. Another reason is a very big project I intend to start with the help of many good and creative writers.

rushtong

Explorer
Thanks for all the fish

Hi Folks. I know I've posted before, but perhaps that username has drifted off into the ether.

I've played D&D since the mid-80s now ... man that makes me old :confused: Now that real life, kids, work etc. have kicked into full gear, it's nearly impossible to find time to play in person - so I play in several yahoo group games and run one myself. I love to come here and get my fix on the rumors. Can't wait for some 4th edition meat to chew through. Great site, great user community, and an invaluable resource. Keep up the good work!

Balthaczar

First Post
Hello

Hello my name is Paul and I am saying hello from Kansas. So... hello nice to meet you all. I am getting ready to start the pathfinder adventure path after a year off dming.

Welcome to EN World -

Balthaczar.... always good to get a break from DMing

rushtong.... I'm in the same boat after my last group broke up. Have you looked into our PbP (Play by Post) section?

Trilan.... ahhh.... Torg. I loved that game. I always enjoyed playing Nile Empire agents.

wad.... Ideas / help with running a game can be found in the areas just below "General". There are rules and house rules ideas and also rogues and plots.

aland.... I too play a lot of Eberron. Welcome

and welcome to everyone else including the mushroom guy :)

Remove ads