• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

HeirToPendragon

First Post
Greetings everyone. I poke around here every now and then looking for builds and such. Figured I'd make an account if, for no other reason, to use as a search function.

Grynd'l

First Post
Greetings

I'm an old time gamer, been doing D&D since the box sets, and been involved in every edition since then. I've recently lost a resource for playing, though I hope that is only temporary, and thought I'd give this a try.

Last edited:

Xavier_McFnord

First Post
First post...

Hey~ I just registered the other day. Cool site! Lots of info on just about everything!!!

I have come out of D&D retirement, and have been asked to run a game for the 1st time in over 10 years. Since I was/am an Old School D&D geek from WWaaaay back when [ started in the late 70's], I spent far too much $$ on TSR stuff as the updated over the years.
Luckily, friends of mine gave me the new d20 D&D player handbook/DMG and MM. Since I have been playing in a morrow project/aftermath/Spycraft combo game, I was able to figure out the new d20 gaming style and rules.
The game is a long, multi-staged adventure going from 1st level to as high as they can go [if they survive]....I put it together from the mid 1980's until today...with numerous revisions over that time. But it is my best work ever, and I am happy with it.
Anyway...I'm glad that I am back in the gaming world after so long. Though I am a long way from being the long-haired RPG geek playing marathon games for 4 days straight, chain smoking and living on pizza, doritos and massive amounts of mountain dew I once was, [now a 42 year old, short salt-&-pepper haired, married for 15 years with 2 kids stay at home dad] I feel young again when I am doing any role playing game.
Thanks for the great site! I look foreward to searching all around it for great ideas and info!
Xavier_McFnord
[I can see the Fnords!]

Oliviander

First Post
Reading the forum for some time now

Hi all,
I'm an old time player from germany playing D&D since 1985.
Currently I'm playing a 13 lv clericc / 2 lv divine agent (homebrewed Prestige class)
in our ongoing camapign since 1996 (started at 4th lv)
Currently our DM shows some tiring and I promised to start a new camapign as soon
As I hve My hands on 4E.

Everything I read by now I think is real intriguing.

At the moment I have only two real Issues about 4E that I can't imagine working.

a.) Diagonal movement count as 1 (results in cubic Fireballs)

b.) Automatic crit on 20 (favors low level monsters too much)

But Everything else I really like !

Stomphoof

First Post
Hello everyone, I am a new poster here, been a lurker for a while. Found out about this site from TreasureTables I believe it was, thanks to all the 4th Ed information. Decided to join up today.

I am 25, male, married, and a gamer. I tend to DM more then anything else (which bites cause I REALLY want to play!)

Beyond that, there isn't much to tell.

bychance

First Post
Salutations..

I somehow stumbled upon this place via boardreader.com. Hello everyone, I'm new (self explanatory). I hope to become well acquainted in due time :p

Exploiter

First Post
I am da Exploiter

Hi,

I am Exploiter. I Exploit. I am in the U.S. Army. I DM. I play D&D. I like computers. I like long walks on the beach. I like long walks on the beach with computers. . .

uhm was that too wierd?

oh yea and im wierd!

>.>
<.<

. . .

But like i said, Hi!

Gooble

First Post
saying hi

hello. I'm in the memphis area. I'm here looking for a group of which to be a part. I lost touch with the awesome group that introduced me to the hobby.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads