• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Orc and the Pie: Dragon Magazine #325

tonym

First Post
Hi, it's me, Tony, the creator of the "ZOGONIA" comic in Dragon Magazine.

Regarding the orc-with-pie joke in the new issue of Dragon (issue #325), that joke is a parody of a famous dungeon written by Monte Cook. So, if you didn't know about Mr. Cook's dungeon...now you do!

The strip is my personal homage to Mr. Cook's prolific greatness.

Check out Mr. Cook's "The Orc and the Pie" dungeon here:
http://www.montecook.com/arch_lineos11.html

:)
Tony M

Last edited by a moderator:

rowport

First Post
Tony-

I love your strips! I am torn between the druid and the rogue (well, OK, thief) as my favorite characters.

But, Monte said the pie tastes good- not rat-like! Do I get a no-prize? :]

Oh, well.

Hey- I just noticed you are in IL! Could we convince you to come to the next Chicago Game Day in February???

Simplicity

Explorer
Hopefully, everyone here knows about the good old orc&pie.
I'm still waiting for WotC to release a "Return to The Orc and The Pie"
adventure though.

Bronath

First Post
Man I totally missed the reference to "The Orc and Pie". I must be slipping...Great job with Zagonia by the way. Dindil is by far my favorite character as he reminds me so mcuh of a few players I know. Keep up the good work.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Tony, I just want to thank you for giving us the hilarous goodness that is Zogonia and Mt. Zogon! I look forward to your comics every month; my favorite had to be that time Kev was facing down the lich: "You feeling froggy punk? Then leap!"

Pure gold! :D

tonym

First Post
rowport said:
...But, Monte said the pie tastes good- not rat-like! Do I get a no-prize? :]?

100% CORRECT! As reward, a small, ethereal no-prize of indeterminate value has been teleported into your pocket.

rowport said:
...you are in IL! Could we convince you to come to the next Chicago Game Day in February???

I was planning on dropping-in to spend some money. That store rocks!

(( edit ))

PS: THANKS, people, for the nice words about "Zogonia" and "Mount Zogon"!!

Tony M

Last edited:

Squire James

First Post
Well, Monte's adventure didn't say anything about whether or not the "pie tastes good" comment applied with regard to an orc's palette or a human's. It is one of those "grey areas" in D&D that will be discussed in some 10-page thread somewhere on the Internet, I'm sure.

I'm betting the sequel will be titled "Tanarruk and Cake".

Love the comic strips, BTW. They need to double up on you and put down Downer.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads