• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Otherworld

Ilium

First Post
Falkus said:
Kim smiled. "It's good to see you again, Enrico," then she frowned as she saw the other students messing around. She raised her voice, and shouted. "Everybody who wasn't here when the body was found, get out, and stop contaminating the crime scene!"

She then turned back to Enrico. "I'll need you, your friend and Trey to stay here so I can take your statements."
"Okay," Lex says shrugging. He fidgets for a moment, hands jammed in the back pockets of his jeans as he rocks back and forth on his heels trying desperately to look casual. After a brief time he says to Kim, "So what do you make of that green stuff? I suppose you guys'll get your CSI on for that, huh?"

Falkus

Explorer
Kim shrugged. "I don't know. This is my first day on the job. I'll leave the investigation to the detectives. In the meantime," she took out a notebook and pencil. "Why don't you tell me exactly what happened when the body was discovered?"

iwatt

First Post
Enrico proceeds to retell all he remembers, trying to remember any detail he might have missed. He gives his contact info as well. "That's all I remember Kim."

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
"Thanks," Kimberly said, taking it all down duitfully, and then putting the notebook away. She sighed. "Helluva a first day."

Percivellian

First Post
Trey raises a single eyebrow and rewinds the footage. Pausing as soon as the unidentified man comes into view, he leans closer to the monitor and studies his appearance, his mind running in its habitual unchecked manner with possible explanations. After a few moments Trey gives his head a quick shake, clears his head, and logs out of the system. "Just going to get yourself into trouble again, Trey." he thinks to himself, "Just clean up when they're done and then try to get some reading done at the hospital. That's what you should do."

Being careful to lock the door as he leaves, Trey heads back towards the men's locker room.

Ion

Explorer
Muxin: It's no work at all to lead Sergeant Byrd to the crowded entrance to the men's locker room. The crowd parts under the stare of the burly man and he proceeds towards the door. “Alright Dr. Yao, there is a stiff in this room, and we called you up to sign a paper and let the man be officially dead.” You can tell by the way he discusses the process that at best he considers the practice a waste of time.

Trey: You arrive back at the locker room in time to see Muxin shut the door behind him and hear the echoes of the Serg's voice shout “Alright Officer Bates, what's going on here?”

thoumaster

First Post
Muxin cautiously steps forward, looking around the body for any potential hazards. Observing the body for any signs of life he opens his bag to grab the green nitrile gloves from his first aid kit. He rolls the man slightly and places a hand in front of his mouth to check for breath. He takes the mans wrist in one hand checks for a pulse. With minimal contact to the man, Muxin will look for any clues to his apparent death.

[sblock=Skill checks]Spot +5: checking around the body for hazards and anything odd.
Treat Injury +10: Making sure he's dead. Quick check for cause of death.[/sblock]

Probable actions
He'll likely announce the man dead and ask that the family be contacted. He'll then approach Sgt. Byrd asking if he requires an autopsy request.

Falkus

Explorer
"Sergeant," Kimberly acknowledged, glad that there was a more experienced officer here now. "I arrived here at 1909 Hours, at which point I began to secure the scene, and question the witnesses," she then gave a brief summary of Enrico's statement.

Ilium

First Post
Lex turns to Enrico while the cops and the doctor talk. "This is pretty messed up," he says needlessly. "The Pennsylvanian is going to have a field day with this," he adds. The student-run newspaper had a well-deserved reputation for practicing "big city" journalism compared to the usual campus rag.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads