• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The PDF Review Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crothian

First Post
Umbran said:
I would love to, but I simply won't have time until after Pennsic. I will try to check in and see if you're still looking for people to do this in late August...

I'm not seeing this going anywhere. As long as there are people that want to write reviews, I'm keeping this going.

pogre

Legend
philreed said:
Reviews at RPG.net, in my experience, can (sometimes) have a positive effect on sales. I haven't noticed any measurable increase in sales due to reviews at EnWorld.

Phil's comment caused me to post my first review over at RPG.net after posting it here. I realized after doing this I should have asked if this is OK?

It seems like a good idea, but now I'm asking - Is this OK in the future?

catsclaw227

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Alright, I've sent out three comp copies of Mechamancy for review.

I have my Mechamancy review ready to post, but I don't Mechamancy listed as a product in the review section. Where can I post it?

Catsclaw

Last edited:

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
I am going to have to bow out of the review process that Crothian has established. After one week of reviews it is obvious that the products are reaching the hands of people with an obvious bias against the type of work that I do. While I do appreciate the effort put into reviewing products it isn't in anyone's interest to continue to push products a reviewer will not like going in.

If the reviews had actual issues with the quality of writing or presentation I could better handle the end result. As it is, the reviews are spending most of their time discussing the product's size and -- in a few instances -- the fact that since I just did work WotC should have already done they felt my product wasn't worth the money with one review going so far as to tell people not to buy the product and wait for the material to be added to another OGC source. (Which leaves me wondering if the reviewer has plans to do such a thing himself.)

Good luck with the efforts, all.

reveal

Adventurer
philreed said:
I am going to have to bow out of the review process that Crothian has established. After one week of reviews it is obvious that the products are reaching the hands of people with an obvious bias against the type of work that I do. While I do appreciate the effort put into reviewing products it isn't in anyone's interest to continue to push products a reviewer will not like going in.

If the reviews had actual issues with the quality of writing or presentation I could better handle the end result. As it is, the reviews are spending most of their time discussing the product's size and -- in a few instances -- the fact that since I just did work WotC should have already done they felt my product wasn't worth the money with one review going so far as to tell people not to buy the product and wait for the material to be added to another OGC source. (Which leaves me wondering if the reviewer has plans to do such a thing himself.)

That's unfortunate. :(

I was really looking forward to eventually getting your stuff for free. ;) Seriously though, it's pretty awful that someone would let their personal biases go so far as to tell people not to buy a product.

GMSkarka

Explorer
philreed said:
I am going to have to bow out of the review process that Crothian has established. After one week of reviews it is obvious that the products are reaching the hands of people with an obvious bias against the type of work that I do.

The lack of "reviewer quality control", for lack of a better word, was why Adamant didn't participate, either.

Given the miniscule (if any) impact on sales, we prefer to see reviews from customers, rather than solicited reviewers....at least that way the review tells people whether a person who bought the product (and hence was interested in the topic or the format) found it worth the money.

Crothian

First Post
pogre said:
Phil's comment caused me to post my first review over at RPG.net after posting it here. I realized after doing this I should have asked if this is OK?

It seems like a good idea, but now I'm asking - Is this OK in the future?

I don't care. They might, but I have no experience with them.

spidertrag

First Post
philreed said:
That bites, I like your stuff. :D

My understanding of reviewing is to apply a fair & objective 'eye' to the product regardless of personal tastes? Am I wrong? Of course I havent met anybody or product that rubbed me the wrong way.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads