• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Pixie is up!

Dice4Hire

First Post
But Shrink answers those questions. No, the pixie doesn't have to carry it, but then it reverts to normal size after the pixie's next extended rest. The game statistics, including weight, remain the same.

In simple terms, shrink all your equipment, treat it as if you were small.

No, it is not that simple. What about all the stuff about damage and such? Reach, etc?

And until the next extended rest is a long time. Take an hour to get twelve items tiny-sized and the whole party can use them all day. How does that work?

It will be a pain in the neck.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Since items retain game stats when you use shrink on them, does that mean a pixie with a pixie-sized longspear has a reach of 2?
Yes, but the pixie can't use it (it's two handed, and the pixie treats shrunken weapons as if it were a small creature using the regular-sized version - get it? - it's a little convoluted), and it's an improvised 1-handed weapon for a non-tiny creature. So that's a pretty theoreticaly and meaningless 'yes.' ;(

Shrink + Wee Warrior = Pixies are Small for most combat purposes.

Xris Robin

First Post
Did you not READ the power? Because no, all those are answered. "While shrunk, the target keeps its game statistics, such as damage dice and weight". Damage is the same. Reach would be the same, although there aren't many weapons you can wield that would have reach, because you use the Small restrictions. A shrunken weapon is a improvised one-handed weapon to a non-Tiny creature, so there's no point in shrinking items for the rest of the party unless they are also pixies.

It really is simple assuming you actually, you know, read the power text. Since it mentions every issue you've brought up so far specifically. There may actually be issues with it, but you haven't brought any up yet.

MrBeens

First Post
Did you not READ the power? Because no, all those are answered. "While shrunk, the target keeps its game statistics, such as damage dice and weight". Damage is the same. Reach would be the same, although there aren't many weapons you can wield that would have reach, because you use the Small restrictions. A shrunken weapon is a improvised one-handed weapon to a non-Tiny creature, so there's no point in shrinking items for the rest of the party unless they are also pixies.

It really is simple assuming you actually, you know, read the power text. Since it mentions every issue you've brought up so far specifically. There may actually be issues with it, but you haven't brought any up yet.

Who are you actually (rather angrily) replying too?

Klaus

First Post
Ooh, both of these were done after I finished my part in Heroes of the Feywild, so I was curious to how they'd turn out!

The pixie looks mighty interesting. Not for all games, but for those who with more whimsy and a heavier fairy tale bent.

Witch seems promising. You could easily use the Witch to mimic the Al-Qadim sha'ir (using your familiar/genie to change your daily spells). For that alone, I give it a thumb up!

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I love the fairy race! Like [MENTION=11821]Obryn[/MENTION] I wish their Tiny nature was more unique but what they came up with is a good compromise that works well.

Somehow my fairy ranger character has to get the Arcane Familiar feat with a Fiddling Grig:

2005-09-02_1_rool-franjean.jpg

Pixie vampire named Mosquiote? It has to be done.

Like the fairies from the Labyrinth! Brilliant! http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fairies_(Labyrinth)

Remove ads