• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Plane Below - Secrets of the Elemental Chaos

Checking the DDI Content Calendar for December, I just noticed to my surprise that this book's release is slated for December - but I got it already!

So, if you have any questions about it... Ask.

*Disclaimer: I haven't had much time to read it yet, though, and I won't be online much the rest of this day (Dragon Age requires my attention), and I won't have the book with me at work tomorrow...

Appleseeth

First Post
About how many pages worth of monsters are there/how many monsters in total? Are there any famous monsters like in Open Grave? How many entries are for creatures never seen before in D&D?

You are super lucky to get books early by the way. Thanks for the answers/thread.

Aexalon

Explorer
Checking the DDI Content Calendar for December, I just noticed to my surprise that this book's release is slated for December - but I got it already!
Well, there's the obvious question: How* ?

* did you come by this book so soon, especially considering you make it sound like it's been lying around for a non-insignificant time before you noticed it not being released yet.

the Jester

Legend
What monsters are in it? Any chance of a list?

Dao and/or marids, maybe?* Elemental Princes of Evil? Energons (such as xag-ya and xeg-yi) (although these might well fit better as immortal monsters, rather than elementals)? More demon princes, or powerful primordials??

*I know that 4e is doing away with unnecessary symmetries, but dao and marids are both excellent, cool monsters. In fact, I am suddenly stricken with an idea for using a marid in my new, low-level group...

Shroomy

Adventurer
What monsters are in it? Any chance of a list?

Dao and/or marids, maybe?* Elemental Princes of Evil? Energons (such as xag-ya and xeg-yi) (although these might well fit better as immortal monsters, rather than elementals)? More demon princes, or powerful primordials??

*I know that 4e is doing away with unnecessary symmetries, but dao and marids are both excellent, cool monsters. In fact, I am suddenly stricken with an idea for using a marid in my new, low-level group...

I remember that the dao have been mentioned in some of the other books (MM2 under the earth archon section I believe, maybe the MotP), but I can't remember if I've ever seen a reference to the marids. BTW, some of the energons have been converted to 4e (there from the last couple of 3.5e books that were converted).

Slaads seem to be getting a lot of love in this book, judging from the excerpts, and it looks like the Slaad Lords are getting some sort of treatment. I'd love to hear more about them.

Rechan

Adventurer
Does it provide some cool adventure sites of the Elemental Chaos? Not like, 'City of Brass', but superfluous things like a chunk of citadel consisting of a honeycombed chunk of rock swirling around a thousand foot tornado.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I'd be interested in hearing about any new information about Tharizdun and the story of the Abyss's creation.

Also, want to give us a list of some of the big bad demons in the book? :)

Well, there's the obvious question: How* ?

* did you come by this book so soon, especially considering you make it sound like it's been lying around for a non-insignificant time before you noticed it not being released yet.
I got an e-mail from my FOGS (Friendly Online Gaming Shop) about new D&D stuff, and found The Plane Below and Draconomicon on the list, immediately adding it to my shopping cart and checking out. Maybe the shipment to Germany arrived early or he didn't double check the official release date?

I hate seeing the questions and not being able to answer them yet. I know how it is from the other side. ;) Give me another 9-10h, than I am back home...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads