• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Poor Little Duckbunny Never Gets Any Love!

Richards

Legend
I ran across a dual list of the most powerful and the weakest D&D monsters throughout the various editions, and - not to spoil anything, but it's not really that big of a surprise - the poor little duckbunny's being singled out again for his lack of combat prowess.

Here's the link:
https://www.cbr.com/powerful-dd-monsters-and-weakest/

Duckbunnies frequently show up of lists of "Stupidest D&D Monsters" and such. It's a shame. I had a duckbunny named Quiffington in a previous campaign who had the blended personalities and partial memories of four different wizards (it was due to a magical accident involving five rods of wonder and a chaos magic ritual).

Johnathan

Cleon

Legend
Duckbunnies never get any love?

That's completely contradicted by their Monstrous Compendium page from Dragon #243, which says they're "almost irresistibly cute" and "make wonderful pets". Their Habitat/Society also indicates they're adept at the rabbit approach to love, as they "breed in great numbers".

That web page is clearly ignorant of the finer feelings of D&D. Plus it seems to think that roughly ranking monsters by lethality started with 3E's Challenge Rating, which leads me to doubt the depth of the author(s) knowledge of D&D.

Remove ads