• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Portal (Army)

ghostcat

First Post
"OK. The city watch is manning the towers near the walls, so that leaves the other outer tower and the keep. Unless you have any objections, I suggest that we try the keep as I suspect the other tower will be the same as this."

Unless Khavren has any objections, Ansila will gathering up the rogues and head to the door of the keep using SOP. The group will stop about 10' from the door and Ansila will examine the keep carefully. Unless anything looks out of place he will get a couple of the rogues to check the approach and door for traps.

Endovior

First Post
The keep's door hangs open... and is quite broken. It is immediately obvious that the attacking Orcs targetted the keep first, and it seems that they hacked their way through all manner of defenses and traps to slay the keep's inhabitants.

Endovior

First Post
The keep is old and dark. Old, long-dead bodies of orcs and men litter the floor. It quickly becomes obvious that there is an relatively safe path through the keep where the orcs have forced their way through, at a high cost. There are many other doors that do not appear to have been forced... it seems that these orcs knew exactly where they were going...

Are you following the most-likely-safe path left by the orcs, or trying every door?

khavren

First Post
"I'm curious as to what they were after if it wasn't just killing everyone. I'd like to see where the trail leads before going back to check all the doors. In the meantime, I'll send for a few more clerics and we will gather the dead along the route for ceremony and disposal. The bodies further out that might have active traps nearby will have to wait."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads