• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Price of Propaganda

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The Blow Leprechaun said:
It seems to me that I'm interested in paying somebody (or multiple sombodies) to go out and tell a story far and wide, but you're interested in turning the already existing story into something that becomes a masterpiece epic, and then expecting people to tell the story far and wide because it's a good story to tell. Does that sound about accurate for the difference?
Something like that - the thread title is about propaganda, afterall, not the news. ;) Many stories are told, and its not like there's anything to prove this one is true. If you want people to pay attention and notice your story, it has to be presented in a way that is entertainment as well as information.

Kahuna Burger said:
Something like that - the thread title is about propaganda, afterall, not the news.
You can't fool me, I've watched the 24 hours news channels! There's no difference at all between propaganda and news!

I don't know, the way I read the original post is more along the lines of news (spreading the word about his deeds) than creating an epic tale of daring and romance (which I would describe more as wanting to hire a bard to go down in the annals of history).

In terms of benefit, you could always adapt the Nobility trait from the shackled city and give +1 to diplomacy and intimidate and -4 to disguise against citizens of towns who have heard the stories.

Or essentially "buy" the Distinctive trait, +1 to Reputation -1 to Disguise. The advantage to traits as a benefit is they're already (in theory) balanced +/-.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads