• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoz

First Post
Desimus has been in shock from Tori'shel's betrayal. The whole way back to the village he has been quite and subdued. When the rest of the group breaks and runs for the temple, Desimus snaps out of his brooding mood and with one last glare at their prisoner he jumps into action.

Init: 2 + 2 = 4

Desimus runs after everyone else sending Rostrum up to scout the temple from above.

Liat'ned

First Post
Liat'ned waits at the carriages for the time being, occasionally going out in the forest to forage what he can for food to hold him over.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Battle at the Temple, Round III

Only one person from the outside is able to see anything, and that is the person is immediately outside the ice wall. As the group didn't take this into consideration, the first person by initiative will be near the glass, with everyone else behind them according to their initiative.

-----

Initiatives
Syld - 22
Animus - 20
Goblin - 19
Niko - 15
Jirlai - 9
Golem - 8
Githyanki - 3
Jhessail - 2

Syld arrives on the other side of the ice wall in the entrance. Although he can see all of what is happening, he cannot take any physical actions against those inside...

Animus savagely attacks the goblin, attempting to tear it apart with his weapon.

Animus gets a 15, a hit! He inflicts 9 points of damage to the goblin.

The goblin drops to the floor, either dead or on its way there.

The goblin proceeds to continue bleeding on the floor.

Niko desperately shoots at Jirlai twice, his pistol giving off a little puff of smoke from the force of explosions and mechanical shiftings.

Student checks - 12, 16.

Niko gets a 21... and a natural 1! The 21 hits, and Niko inflicts 6 points of damage to Jirlai.

Meanwhile, the gun appears to have stopped working. The sounds of grinding and machinations moving have stopped - the gun doesn't fire, and the trigger seems to have gotten stuck somehow, and won't budge.

Jirlai looks at Niko, pointing at the technologist. Three glowing arrows appear near his pointing finger, and slam into Niko.

Caster check - 9.

Jirlai's Magic Missile inflicts 9 points to Niko.

The golem, sensing that the goblin has been downed, begins slowly shambling towards Jirlai. When it reaches the sorcerer, it begins to pound him with its fists.

The golem gets an 8 - a miss - and a natural 20! It then gets a 19, which is a hit. It deals 21 points of damage to Jirlai.

The githyanki looks at the golem, and raises an eyebrow at it. There is a flash of purple, similar to the previous one...

Manifester check - 11.

The githyanki gets a 24 on its dispel check.

...and the golem ceases moving, and falls over.

Meanwhile, Jhessail seems to have stopped pounding on the wall. Through the wall of ice, there is a sudden flash of red, distorted by the ice...

Jhessail gets an 11 on her dispel attempt.

...and the ice wall disappears.

"Nissse trick, human." She says, looking at the sorcerer. "But it will take more than issse to ssseal me away."

-----

Initiatives and actions, please. Syld is the only one who can see what is going on inside - everyone else is standing in the hallway behind him, unable to see inside due to glare off the ice or because others are in front of them.

Order of those outside -
[Wall of Ice]
Syld
Osius
Nathan
Jannson
Desimus

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Map of situation at end of Round III, not counting those outside the ice wall in the entrance.

Attachments

• psionicle_grid4.gif
    psionicle_grid4.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 136

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Huh... Arg... I didn't have to do that did I... Why didn't you just play dead? It would have saved me a lot of grief. I'm sorry.

Now for this one."

Situation 1)

Animus Charges into the space one space below, and one space to the right (so at diaganols) of Jirlai and Strikes with as much finesse as possible. He runs at Jirlai, looks at the Jirlai, and then smiles.

"Hi. I don't think we have any problems, do we?"

+7 to hit (+4 melee +1 MW +2 charge) 1d8+1d4+3 (Psionic Weapon)

"So Jirlai is your name... why is it that we keep meeting each other. Of course, this time it's you interfering in my goals rather than the other way around. I'm not such a nice guy when people commit themselves against me. Not nice at all."

Animus tries to get Jirlai talking, so that when Jirlai decides to cast a spell, Animus will have timed Jirlai's speech with his movements just well enough to strike right where it hurts with his Attack of Opportunity.

Of course, at this moment, Animus was forgetting that he CAN'T TALK!

"I certainly hope your not trying to hurt me or my friends."

Last edited:

"Dammit, not now, not now!" Niko mutters as he stuffs his gun back into his belt. The gnome casts a glare towards the sorceror as well as the githyanki, taking a step around the pedestal, and then removes something from one of his pouches, a small flask filled with a some what slimy green liquid which he drinks hungrily.

(Move equiv action to store the gun, 5 ft. step diagonally left/up to be on the side of the pedestal directly opposite to the githyanki, then a partial action to drink a tonic to restore 1d6+4 hitpoints)

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Watch out in front!" Jansson shouts as he levels his pistol at the wall of ice and fires.

Of course, if Osius manages to smash the wall down first, I'll manifest Chrysalis on myself.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Blast, let me by, let me see!"

[[ if the wall comes down before Nathan can act, and he's able to get within LOS, he'll mainfest Disable (through the Gem) on Jirlai. ]]

dkoz

First Post
Desimus sends Rostrum to watch Tori'shel to make sure she doesn't attempt excape and then he stands back out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads