• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"Great. Giant cats. At least we have forewarning. Unless someone can fly us over...? If not, we're going to have to hoof it through."

Osius spurs his horse forward.

Jarval

Explorer
"Aye, I think this creature may not have our health in mind." Jansson replies to Animus.

Drawing his sword, Jansson gently nudges his horse forwards. Warm ash covers both the halfling and his horse as Jansson manifests Animal Affinity, taking on some of the strength of an ox.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jansson - +4 to Str for Animal Affinity.

The line of horses slowly moves into the woods.

The forest is unusually dark, the tops of the trees not allowing much sunlight in.

The horses are slightly skittish, but continue moving on.

dkoz

First Post
creamsteak said:
Animus seems a bit concerned.

"Do you think it is alerting it's friends of us?"

To Desimus

"Possibly, but I do not know the ways of animals. Perhaps we just frightened it with our presence."

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"You and me both; let's just hurry through here." Osius spurs his horse on faster. "I don't want to be stuck here after dark."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Stranger in the Dark - and a Cat, too!

The sun lowers in the sky, though it does not yet set. Even so, the amount of light entering the forest through the trees lessens considerably, darkening everything. Your ability to see is unaffected, however - there is still no need to break out torches or other light sources.

A small path leads through the forest, though it is not well-worn, and is overgrown with foliage. The horses traverse the path with no problems, despite the dense plantlife.

Suddenly, you find yourselves in a clearing. There was no previous warning of this - the roughly 50-foot circle of treeless ground came out of nowhere. In it's center, a small goblin is seated, facing away from you. Though you can hardly make him out in the darkness, you can see that his skin has a slightly blue tint - the same kind of skin tone that Syld has.

A panther is lying on the ground next to the goblin, though it rises as you approach. It makes no threatening movements, though it does regard you with primitive interest.

"Greetings, travelers," The goblin says, not turning to face you. "What business do you have here?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"We are merely passing through; we mean no harm to these woods or those who dwell within," Osius says, slowly and as unthreateningly as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads