• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Round 4

Syld yawns. It is quite an impressive yawn, for such a small person... but then again, it is the middle of the night, so for Syld to be tired makes some amount of sense...

Ruth attempts to grapple the squirrel. The squirrel bites at her as she makes the attempt...

It gets a 20, which misses.

Ruth grabs wildly for the squirrel...

She gets a 10, which misses.

...and she grabs a handful of dirt rather than the squirrel.

Shardorn stands around, waiting for the group to capture the squirrel...

Syld's AC stands back, not interfering with the grappling attempts. It almost seems to be mimicking Syld's actions, yawning slightly...

Desimus watches the forest beyond the clearing, waiting for any new threats to appear that he can shoot with his crossbow...

The squirrel bites at Ruth, who just tried to touch it...

It gets an 11, which misses.

Osius joins Desimus in watching around the camp, but finds nothing... all is quiet in the woods around the camp.

Jansson moves around behind the squirrel, preparing to strike it with his blade...

Narok tries to communicate with the squirrel. "I will not give in!" It proclaims loudly.

Tori'shel watches the boundaries of the camp, her finger on the trigger of her gun...

Animus tries to grapple the squirrel...

He gets a 20, which hits!

He succeeds at the grapple attempt. Animus is now holding the squirrel, tightly, in both hands, keeping it's mouth closed with his thumbs and barely managing to keep it's sharp claws from raking his hands.

-----

End of combat.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Not wanting to lose his focus, Animus will not send a message. He is simply happy that he didn't have to kill the thing. He wonders abit about the afformentioned predators, what they are, and what power they have over these animals.

Action: The little biting pest is going in a closed sack sufficient to hold it, and tied by the cumulative effort of Animus and someone else, if they have use rope, then I figure they'd offer. So, Animus does Aid another.

Once this is successful, Animus looks over the group to see if they are still anxious to rest some more, as it's still his watch, or if they are really all about leaving. He ponders what he's going to have to do with the animal after the sun rises...

[OOC:] You know, GW, I have been considering putting off my first level in Soul Knife for 6th level, and taking a single level in ranger next instead, since my character is definitely the type that would Track, Listen, Search, Spot, Use Rope now, and have an animal companion. What do you think, would you OK multi-classing a single level in this manner? It actually has flow within the game now.[/OOC]

Darkwolf

First Post
"I wish they would stop sending slaves and come themselves."

Narok gives off a heavy sigh

"Want to leave now or wait until sun-up?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"Depends. Why do 'they' keep 'sending slaves'? But I'd like to rest and recuperate my powers before we proceed."

I'm fine to continue, we'd better get out of here and find a hopefully more safe place to rest. In any case out of this forest.

Gathers her sword and shield

Jarval

Explorer
"I'm with Ruth on this. Our position is known, and the quicker we leave this place, the better." Jansson quickly gathers up his gear and saddles his horse.

"And just a quick question, what in the Hells are we going to do with that squirrel?"

dkoz

First Post
"I say we tie the thing up and leave it and here as soon as possible. I have no wish to be set upon by these creatures or their masters again. Lets leave."

Desimus begins preparing his horse again, but keeps his crossbow loaded.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus is nearly out of vocal energy for the day, and struggles to write down his motive. He writes,

I do not wish for this creature to be threatened by these evil creatures that are controlling them. It is my opinion that by sending these little animals to mock us, they are hurting them, and I'm going to do my part by leaving it off in a better home as soon as I have the opportunity.

(End)

Animus is trying to find a purpose, and the strength of self to confront something internal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads