• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
*shrug*

Well my friends, that doesn't promise much good for the near future.

She spurrs her horse and rides up to the blue on the panther leading the group. She glances around at the forest and then fixes her gaze upon the goblin.

You heard the voice, I take you have quite the idea about who that was but the heart seems to be where we are heading.

The trees seems to close in on her as she moves with her horse at high speed deeper into the forest, right next to the goblin druid on his feline compagnion. The early promissing rays of daybreak pierce the tops of the trees. A sense of comfort grows in Ruth's heart as she sees the light and can almost feel their warmth upon her skin.

It said you knew their secrets. Well then druid, what are their secrets? It seems they are not planning on letting us go this easily and most certainly not without a fight. So if you know about them you might as well share it with us. This doesn't bide well for us so some weakness about them might prove invaluable to us in the, it seems, unavoidable battle which looms ahead.

Ruth spurrs her horse again and draws draws her bow.

Dawn looms ahead friends, daylight shall strenghten us in our peril. These unseelie seem to be denizens of darkness, time seems to be on our side. Now if we are to end up in the heart of this forest anyway, I suggest we make haste unless anyone has any buiseness to talk about. If that's where we are going, we might as well get there as fast as we can as well and get this over with.

Then Ruth hears some voices behind her and sees Animus fall back and come to a stop. Quickly she turns her horse and heads back never leaving sight of her compagnion.

This forest lives... I musn't leave sight of my friends. If they get out of sight the forest might play its tricks upon us again and we might never find eachother again and splitting up is something we cannot afford right now. Not with the threat of these fey looming ahead.

She thinks and hold her horse in next to Animus and readies her bow.

[OOC: Cream was just a bit faster then me so I edited the post a bit./OOC]

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"We only seek passage through this forest, and to be allowed to continue our travels." Jansson calls out, wheeling his horse around and taking a position beside Animus.

"We have done nothing to your forest, slept without a fire to avoid your anger, and the only blood we have spilled on our part is in self-defence. I do not wish to shed more blood tonight, but if you attack us again, I will have no qualms about using all the force at my disposal."

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius sighs sadly, "For once, we were trying to avoid bloodshed." He, too, draws his weapon.

dkoz

First Post
"We should have left before sunset.", he grumbles under his breath.

Desimus forms up with the rest of the group.

"It seems that our hidden enemies are waiting for us in the center of the forest. Narok, what secrets do you know that made your life forfeit in their eyes?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tries to stay awake and follow the conversation, but his eyes keep going shut.
"Can't we *yawn* just go to sleep? I*yawn*'m getting tired."

Darkwolf

First Post
(OOC: I apologize for my lack of posting...just now got back to my apartment)

Narok sighs and says, "They want to kill us because we know the secret of the woods and we know they exist. To that effect they will probably pursue us to the edge of the woods...if we can ever get there."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus ponders the sudden silence, and admires his friends ability to challenge fear. "They are good folk, I think, all of them... despite some's weakness to menial things like sleep."

He then examines the trees one more time, expecting that these frightened creatures are definitely not going to confront the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads