• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwolf

First Post
"It might be wise to get out of the woods, first..or at least try to find a more defensable position. Out here in the open, going to sleep may would be the last thing you would do if the unseelie had anything to say about it."

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
You walk on, further into the depths of the wood. The moons continue to move across the sky, and it almost seems like you're getting nowhere...

Suddenly, out of the gloom, you can see a clearing. It is a rough circle, about sixty feet across. A circle of standing stones stands in the center, around twenty feet across, having 13 stones evenly spaced around the edge.

You can't see anything else in the clearing. Moonlight is reflecting off of the greyish stones, and is filling the clearing with a cold, white light. It appears to be unoccupied...

Below is for Narok only! (highlight)
This is the place where you met the unseelie before. You met them during the day, however, so they may not be here now. You are aware that the unseelie are strangely fond of the number thirteen, so this circle of stones may hold some unknown meaning for the unseelie.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"Camp here or press on? If this is a religious place, maybe they'll be reluctant to attack, but I also don't want to be sacreligious."

Darkwolf

First Post
"Camping here would be possible but it could be dangerous. The unseelie are here during the day and this place might hold some significance with them."

dkoz

First Post
"If this is the center of these woods then the useelie are waiting for us. The voice on the wind mentioned we would find ourselves here no matter which direction we took. Maybe we can strike some kind of deal. I mean all we want to do is leave this place. I will see if there are any magical auras in the clearing. With luck I might be able to tell if there is anything malicious currently waiting for us."

If there are no objections Desimus will cautiously approach the edge of the clearing and cast detect magic.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Desimus - you walk to the edge of the clearing, and cast detect magic. The entire region - the stones, the trees, even the ground you are standing on - is suddenly bathed in the tell-tale blue light that indicates magic. After a few moments, you can also see that there are unusual shapes among the trees that are more blue than the areas around them. The shapes appear to be moderately humanoid, but you can't make anything out beyond their outlines.

dkoz

First Post
Desimus moves back from the edge and whispers to his companions what the spell reveled.

"What should we do?"

[OOC:]I am leaving for a skiing trip in about 10 minutes. I will be back on Sunday night. GW, go ahead and have Desimus do what you think he would.[/OOC]

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson frowns at the surrounding woodland, trying to make out the figures Desimus described.

"This smells like an ambush to me. And I'll wager that stone circle won't be for our benift."

Drumming his fingers on the hilt of his sword, the halfling thinks.

"We should give diplomacy one last shot. At worse they'll attack us, so we don't lose anything by trying."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads