• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson returns Ruth's bow. "I speak only the truth. Your fighting skills are the result of years of practice, while my own time has been split between the martial and psionic arts."

"Perhaps the decisions as to who undertakes which challenges should be left until after we have rested. Sleep will clear our thoughts, and I will feel happier once my mind's energy reserves have replenished themselves."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus takes some notes in his sleep...

Jansson is the smallest...
Myself and Jansson have fought together before...
We need to identify which enemy is the most evil...
Ruth is the strongest...
We cannot use our talents...
I cannot communicate without my talents...
My psionic skin is useless without my talents...
All I am left with is speed and a sword...
Those two should go then...
The loss of communication alone is a bit too much...

He then writes his notes up into a letter for Jannson and Ruth,

You two would make the best team. Without our talents, I'm more crippled than Jannson is, and he also is the best judge of good and evil. Ruth, you are the toughest, and should be able to do fine with the combat. I will be forced to stay back, but if either of you want to use some of my equipment, I will give it to you. You are both very friendly. You are both brave, and although I am brave enough to fight, I will be far more crippled than either of you without my powers.

(Animus isn't a very well written individual, but I do think that gets the point across...)

You are a kind person Animus and not to unwise as well. Jansson and I shall fight the first battle then. As for your equipment, I thank you for your offer but my own has sufficed so far and I am experienced with them. So I kindly decline.

Ruth merely nods towards Animus after her remarks.

dkoz

First Post
"I am not sure if I will be of any help in physical tests. My mind is sharp and can be sharper with a little help from my magic if any of the tests would allow its use."

"I will have a clear mind once I rest."

Desimus finds a spot furthest from the standing stones, but still within the clearing to lay down and try to catch some sleep.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson reads Animus' note, then looks up at the psychic warrior.

"You are a man of honour and good heart, my friend. I hope that I live up to your trust in me." He says, respect and pride clear on his face. Jansson clasps Animus' forearm firmly, and roughly hugs him. After a moment, he releases Animus, and begins to unpack his gear.

"I think we do not need any guards while we sleep. I trust that the fey will keep us safe until our tests tomorrow."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld starts setting up a comfortable place for sleeping, sharing his sleepy thoughts with the others.
"So... what think you... astral constructs... or physical... are they not physical?"

Without really waiting for an answer, Syld lies down and a soft snore starts sounding almost instantly.

Darkwolf

First Post
"Of all the tests, I am most suited for the test of Rashida. However, if requested to, I would help out with any but the test that requires destroying with purely physical means. I would help out with that test even but I feel I wouldn't be helpful."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads