• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part X

She's off with Jirlai, the Gith, that weird dark girl named Luna and god knows what else... Jirlai had her enchanted with some spell so she obeyed him...

While saying that Ruth gets up from the floor, whipes the tears from her face with an iron clad fist and picks up her weapon, helm and shield. As she gets up she feels the weight of her shield lessen in her grasp and as a tear falls onto the metal a faint radiance spreads from where it hit and within a couple of seconds it covers the entire shield in a deep purple glow. Small crackles of energy spark between sword and shield when they get get near each other, where the rivalling psionic and magical energies collide.

Iron feet clanging on the floor she steps towards the exit and heads for the adamantine door armed with a blazing sword and shield.

Now lets see what we can do about that door. That Jirlai has got a date with destiny.

Ruth turns and looks through her visor, eyes flikkering in the magical blaze, towards Jansson.

A date with us. And I'd hate to be late.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Gathering together his scattered equipment, Jansson shoulders his backpack, and carefully picks up Shardorn.

"It's something I don't intend to miss." He replies grimly, as he follows Ruth to the door.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jansson and Ruth approach the door. This side of it is very similar to the other - in fact, it is the exact same design, complete with screaming skull.

"I would not rush into something so dire." Kloranth says, following the pair. "That githyanki... he must be very powerful, to transport himself and three others at once. Lorne and Wayveri would not be foes to underestimate, either."

He shakes his head. "However... I doubt you'll listen to me." He pulls a piece of rolled parchment out of his belt, and hands it to Jansson. "A spell is written upon that scroll... weak magic, granted, but enough for the door. Since you entered, I assume you know how to operate it."

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson frowns at Kloranth handing him the paper, his own arms currently full with Shardorn's body. Never the less, he awkwardly takes the scroll and places it into the skull's open jaws, taking a step back from the door once the paper is in place.

"I don't understand it? Why is Jirlai working with a githyanki? The githyanki are naturally psionically inclined, but Jirlai proclaims to actively work for the downfall of our power. There's something here we're yet to uncover." He muses this point for a moment, then turns to his companions.

"Could someone check for residual psionic auras in the chamber back there? I want to know if that githyanki has forsaken his heritage. If anyone is capable of seeing magical auras, then perhaps they could attempt the same task."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The scroll disintegrates into a fine gray dust, and as it does the door slowly raises up into the ceiling, revealing the hallway beyond.

Darkwolf

First Post
Narok awakens with a start. "Ugh what hit me...." He then notices the still form of Shardorn. "She's.....oh no..."

He is quiet for a moment and asks the spirits of nature to take Shardorn to her next life, if that is what she wants.

After hearing the request to look at the magical residues, Narok casts "Detect Magic" and reports what he sees.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Narok -
You see some residual magical energy, yes. After a few moments, it clarifies... a faint amount of evocation magic that is rapidly fading. Apart from that, you can see nothing.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld is completely dumb-struck by the realization that Shardorn is dead. After a moment of silence from his part, Syld does as Jansson suggested and manifests detect psionics to see if the gith did leave a psionic residue.

Remove ads