• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rape of Morne [Final Update]

grodog

Hero
Olive said:
But now I have many questions:

Sep, what d20 or WotC books do you use? obviously DotF and T&B. Have you seen BoVD? using it? There was a mention of cooperative magic here:

"***The Binding of Graz’zt – an act accomplished by the Wizard Fillein and his cabal - over three hundred years previously, and a seminal example of cooperative magic. The Great Mage had drawn on the abilities of six other spellcasters of significant power. "

Relics and rituals perhaps?

FWIW, I figured that Sep was adjusting Graz'zt's Greyhawk history to Wyre, rather than working through any of the Relics & Rituals info.

I can't think of any more right now except consider this a request/reminder for proper write ups of Mostin's spells... especially Mostin's Metagnostic Inquiry. As a wizard player myself, I'm astounded by how completely cool Mostin is...

I'll second that request again :D

grodog

Hero
I haven't been able to post either for the past few days, and have still sporadically had problems today....: here's my saved post from a few days ago:

====

Sep, thank you for a wonderful read that's well-worth my time to re-read every now and again. The narratives you write from the stories that you
and your players have created are inspiring, enjoyable, illustrative of good game design and good writing design, and quite fun!

Thank you again for sharing them with us!

Lombard

First Post
Sepulchrave is kind of tied up (he just moved house), so he asked me to drop by and offer my humble services.

One question, Sepulchrave... Do your players know that there is a huge group of people on ENWorld who salivate over whatever they do and wait restlessly for the next set of fantastic tales?

:D

Okay, I lied, I have two questions: Since Ortwin was only recently reincarnated, has Eadric considered having Tahl brought back? Or would Tahl have issues with owing his life to a pagan?

Considering all the other MoTW spells you use, Nwm probably has access to True Reincarnate these days..

Raise Dead or Resurrection is generally a big no-no in Oronthonianism. Necromantic act. I think it's happened historically, but under exceptional circumstances.

I hope I am not wildly inaccurate in calling it "Nehael's Rescue."

I don't know if he's decided on a title yet. I suggested "The Phoenix Only Looks Right."

But now I have many questions:

Sep, what d20 or WotC books do you use? obviously DotF and T&B. Have you seen BoVD? using it? There was a mention of cooperative magic here:

"***The Binding of Graz’zt – an act accomplished by the Wizard Fillein and his cabal - over three hundred years previously, and a seminal example of cooperative magic. The Great Mage had drawn on the abilities of six other spellcasters of significant power. "

Relics and rituals perhaps?

Core books, splatbooks, ELH (many segues happening with that one), DDg, MotP, MMII, MaoF, and he's just got hold of the BoVD but he won't let me read it. I know that he's reworked Graz'zt (again) in the light of that book. Sep has R&R but isn't too hot on it - I kinda like it. Fillein's ritual was no doubt an Epic Summoning & Binding.

(Resist urge to write spoilers).

I can't think of any more right now except consider this a request/reminder for proper write ups of Mostin's spells... especially Mostin's Metagnostic Inquiry. As a wizard player myself, I'm astounded by how completely cool Mostin is...

Sep's asked Dan (who plays Mostin) at least a dozen times to e-mail him the spells, but he's kind of forgetful. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I figured that Sep was adjusting Graz'zt's Greyhawk history to Wyre, rather than working through any of the Relics & Rituals info.

Yep, to a point. Iggwilv bound Graz'zt in Greyhawk, if memory serves.

Sep, thank you for a wonderful read that's well-worth my time to re-read every now and again. The narratives you write from the stories that you
and your players have created are inspiring, enjoyable, illustrative of good game design and good writing design, and quite fun!

Thank you again for sharing them with us!

(Bows for himself, and vicariously for Sepulchrave)

Any more questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Last edited:

DanMcS

Explorer
Any more questions? You must be kidding. :)

Why is the king of Wyre a 12 year old? Convenient plot device, or did Eadric, Nwm, and Ortwin do something so shocking that the old king had a heart attack? My money is on Ortwin.

And, in the style of the Defenders of Daybreak Early Years, if you'd care to share the story of the great blue dragon hunt, I'm sure it would be well received.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Was away for the holidays, just getting back now.

First, Sepulchrave, I hope the move went as well as can be hoped in a move.

Second ...

... I feel like I should take off my shoes in the presence of this story hour so that I do not tread shod on holy ground ...

Three cheers to you and Lombard and Dan and the rest of the group! What a story! Go away for a week and look what happens!

I'm having a hard time, because I've got to know what happens next, and yet I'm so damn scared for the players. These characters are all so richly detailed and complicated ... I haven't words.

Everything that's happened, all of it, the nodality (and what a nodality it is), plotting, failures, sieges, delays, complications, betrayals, losses -- it's all just thunderous.

And then Titivulus shows up. In the immortal words of Dr. Sam Whatshisname from Quantum Leap ... "Oh, boy."

Well, thanks again. This is simply the most incredible story hour. I await the next installment with hands partially covering my eyes. I fear to watch, yet I cannot turn away.

Warrior Poet

Last edited:

wolff96

First Post
Lombard said:
Raise Dead or Resurrection is generally a big no-no in Oronthonianism. Necromantic act. I think it's happened historically, but under exceptional circumstances.

That's why I mentioned Ortwin's return... he was reincarnated.

The various "Return from Death" spells are only MOSTLY under the control of Oronthon. Reincarnation is not. (Nor is it necromantic, unless that has been house-ruled.) The reason I asked my question is that I wasn't sure if Tahl would be comfortable being reincarnated by -- and owing his life to -- a pagan.

Just a thought.

Suldulin

First Post
wolff96 said:

That's why I mentioned Ortwin's return... he was reincarnated.

The various "Return from Death" spells are only MOSTLY under the control of Oronthon. Reincarnation is not. (Nor is it necromantic, unless that has been house-ruled.) The reason I asked my question is that I wasn't sure if Tahl would be comfortable being reincarnated by -- and owing his life to -- a pagan.

Just a thought.

Methinks Tahl would refuse to return unless Orothon said for him to, in which case he would probally be ressurected anyway I would think.

Lela

First Post
Suldulin said:

Methinks Tahl would refuse to return unless Orothon said for him to, in which case he would probally be ressurected anyway I would think.

We can't be sure of that one. HE likes to (must?) act through mortals to get things done. Lombard, your opinion?

Last edited:

Suldulin

First Post
Lela said:

We can't be sure of that one. HE likes to (must?) act through mortals to get things done. Lombard, your opinion?

well that is a point(and one I thought of also ) but the main point of, if Orothon doesn't want Tahl to be returned to life, it won't happen, if he does it will(through Nwm succeeding or a penitent being able to prepare the proper spell) remains :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads